21

letter twenty-one.

dear shouyou,

you told me about your life problems and about your family. in exchange i told you about mine. why i look like a pudding, too. we watched the stars together, you even fell asleep on my lap. like usual, i sang you a song.

— happy kenma

━━━

kenma put down his notebook and hid it inside his drawer, looking over at the sleeping tangerine on his bed.

back earlier when they were stargazing:

"i'm so tired... can i sleep over?" shouyou lazily asked the older boy, earning a 'are-you-sure' look from kenma.

"i-i mean! it's fine i'll just walk home and-"

"you can. come on, i'll carry you." kenma chuckled, smiling at the red-faced boy. shouyou cheered and jumped on kenma's back, while kenma held the other's legs for support.

while walking, shouyou kept on poking kenma's cheeks. "thank you, kenma.. no sleep.. studying.." he mumbled the words, finally falling asleep on kenma's shoulder.

kenma softly smiled, again. he didn't mind.

present time:

kenma placed a pillow between them, tucking himself inside the large comfortable blanket they were sharing in one bed.

kenma looked at the sleeping tangerine one last time, before turning off the lampshade and heading back to sleep.