[Dream] ChinaxTaiwan

Author's note: Next chapter in the making! Sorry for slow updates (ugh I'm so lazy) This chapter is so sad I'm crying lmao

Angst

China's pupils quivered, like the red maple falling slowly in the wind. 

There were Taiwan's eyes reflected in them, a dark color that was mixed with various tones of blue, like a misty night sky, silent and deep, there's no joy, nor jealousy or anger.

Although the extent to which tears fell was very little, Taiwan still saw it vaguely. Maybe it's because his arms are shaking, he thought.

Taiwan watched his trembling body slowly standing up, casting a shadow behind him, and moved in his direction.

At this time, Taiwan realized that China was already half a head taller than him at some point.It's not the kid who was running around all over the yard anymore. Not the kid who glued a note on the door to remind himself to take medicine, thinking about going to other people's house to fold plum blossoms for the children all day long, Taiwan thought. He was still considering how to put on a suitable smile to welcome the Chinese, now running wildly towards him.

"Brother......"

The crazily trembling voice was mixed with a bit of crying, which sounded like a sob to Taiwan.

"Ok."

Untimely alienation, the just-right indifference, yet it sounds like a long-lost kindness and pampering to China.

So he ran, toward the direction that was deep in his heart, toward his blood relative that he hadn't seen for a long time, toward the end that he was destined to be impossible to reach.Towards his loved one that he wants to protect with his life.

China was sobbing and embracing Taiwan in his arms. The expected resistance and struggle did not come, and Taiwan's slender arms silently fell on his shoulders.

He hugged him tighter to make sure that the person in his arms really existed, and he didn't care that his tears had soaked the other's coat.

Taiwan felt that he should be smiling, his eyes are blurred by tears from his own or China's, he is a little breathless as China kept hugging him tighter, and the sense of security and belonging that shouldn't exist is slowly rising in his heart.

So warm.

"Brother......"

He was still sobbing.

"Well, it's me"

Taiwan uttered a few words with difficulty, the few words that China heard in his dream every night, the few words that he himself thought would never have a chance to say in this life.

"It's me, I'm back."

China woke up from the dream,

and lifted his tearstained gaze at the withered plum blossom in front of the window.