Chapter 2

Flashback to last year

"Don't be a pussy" Kay whispered to herself as she stood in front of the bathroom mirror, 4 xans in her left hand. It Being 2 in the morning and her only surviving on 3 hours of sleep, this seemed like a good idea.

She usually took 2-3,
4 seemed like her limit but she wanted to prove it wrong.
Not knowing who shes proving it to but she wanted to do it, the tingle in her stomach came back as she stared into the mirror.
He skin was a bit paler then usually, being insecure about how she looked has always took a toke on her but she tried her best to see the positive side.

Lately that just wasn't working, throwing out clothes that made her look 'too fat' or clothes that where 'too tight'
It being all in her head it stopped her from hanging out with the guys, thinking they didn't like the way she looked.
They obviously knew something was up when she ghosted them instead of going to the courthouse. Ruben being the only one that was willing to check on her, worried the girl might be doing something stupid.

Without another thought kay downed the xans, instant regret clouded her brain but quickly faded when the feeling she craved replaced it.

              The feeling of nothingness.

☾4:05am☽

"Kay?" Ruben called out as he entered her home, chills ran down his spine seeing all the windows open. He slowly made hjs was to her room where the door was slightly open snd tbr light was on.
"The guys sent me to check on yo-" fully stopping in his tracks from the sight in front of him.

Kay laid on her bedroom floor in nothing but a big tee and her underwear, conscious but not at the same time. Her eyes flickered every once in awhile making Ruben let out the breath her held in.

"I'm fine" she barley whispered making Ruben worry even more, her voice sounded like a 60 year old women that smoked her entire life.

Rubens first initial thought was to call the ambulance but he knew it was just going to make things worse. He cautiously walked over and sat next to her on the ground, criss cross.

"It don't look like it" he stated staring her from head to toe, seeing how lifeless her body looked. If someone walked in right now they would 100% think she was dead, Ruben gently caressed his fingers against kays arm that laid next to her.

She gave no response back so Ruben just took that as another opportunity to talk,
"Kay it's 4 in the morning, why are you like this" A hint of frustration filled his voice, hating that this was what she thought coping was.

She didn't respond but her blinks stayed at a steady pace signaling that she was still awake. The tension grew thicker as silence filled the room, Ruben had no clue what to say or even do.

"I'm fine" her raspy voice spoke once again making Ruben shoot his head up, a small smirk grew on his face.

Kay gave in and slowly sat up trying her hardest not to daze out, leaning against her bed frame in front of Ruben. She stared at the ground too ashamed to look at the boy in the eyes.
Ruben pushes himself closer and gently pulled her head up from her chin, he staring into her eyes where her pupils where big and empty.

"You didn't need to come" she adds rubbing her eyes in hopes of sobering up, pushing his hand away in the process.

Ruben just huffed before standing up and dusted his pants off, her walked over to kay trying to help sit her onto the bed.
She helped by pushing her self onto the bed, quickly pulling the covers over her.

Ruben sat at the end of the bed not wanting to leave until he knew Kay was fully asleep and okay, letting a yawn slip out.

Kay was on the edge of sleep "come lay down" she whispered enough for him to hear.

Without argument Ruben went and laid between her and the wall, he was supposed to be home 2 hours ago but he didn't care as long as he knew Kay was alright.

"Goodnight ruby"

"Goodnight my love"

End of flashback

*honk*

Kay twitched almost falling off her board but quickly realizing where she was, running across the road and making sure the flip off the driver on the way.
Daydreaming took a big part into her life with nothing else to do in her mind but think of the guys, That night was always in her mind.

Her father left for 'business' but she knew that it probably meant her mother, it gave her a opportunity to skate around and see all the places she missed. 

Kay cringed seeing that some of the business shops closed and where replaced with new one, skating down main where traffic wasn't bad for it only being 6:00pm.

A lot of people on the sidewalk making though, Kay mad that people where an existing thing.

'Get a car' was what Kay angrily thought as she pushed people out of the way, making it to her-desired destination.

Moterz avenue

890 words

Some of y'all where confused on the first chapter but it will make sense hopefully in the next few chapters :) also I wrote this in one night after having 3 days to write it, but or y'all liking it so far?

Vote and comment! ( ˘ ³˘)♥