𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗.

Jaemin's head was pushed to the side and he let out a shout, effectively punching the arm of the boy who was sitting next to him. He was then smacked on the arm, thus sparking a slapping fight between Jaemin and Donghyuck.

"Guys can you not act like children for like, one second?" Jeno said with an exasperated tone, taking a sip of his water from where he sat across from the boys. It was currently their lunch period and the three boys were sitting at their usual table in the cafeteria.

"He started it!" Jaemin protested as he stopped his relentless attack on Donghyuck, shooting the other a vicious side eye as he went back to eating his apple slices. Donghyuck rolled his eyes and jabbed his thumb in Jaemin's direction while looking at Jeno.

"He's been acting weird for the past like two days! It's getting ridiculous now Jaemin," Donghyuck complained and Jaemin swallowed nervously. He was doing a pretty shit job at trying to mask the fact that something life changing had happened the past weekend.

But he had no idea what to do, seeing as he hadn't seen Mark for the past four days. Not to add the fact that Mark wanted nothing to do with him and he was still pissed at Mark. Regardless, he couldn't help but feel worried and a bit curious as to why Mark hated the idea of soulmates so much.

"Come on guys, I'm just having an off week," Jaemin said, finishing the last of his apple slices and looking pointedly at Jeno and Donghyuck, "Don't worry about it, I just need to take some down time for myself."

"Alright," Donghyuck said warily and went back to eating his own lunch, eating faster than the other two had been since lunch would be ending soon. Then back to class. Math class to be precise. So the bell rang minutes later and the trio dispersed to their classes, Jeno to his science class and Jeno and Donghyuck to their math class.

Sitting in their seats, both too tired or wrapped up in their own thoughts to realize that there had been a seating change. A sharp rap on their desk jolting the two boys back to the present to see their teacher giving them a stern look.

"Boys, I understand that this is the period after lunch but please pull yourselves together for the rest of the day. Donghyuck you're sitting in the front with Jihyun and Jaemin you're sitting in the middle with Renjun, got it?" Jaemin blinked slowly, trying to process the fact that he wouldn't be sitting next to Donghyuck and when it finally hit he looked at Donghyuck in a panic. The other boy looked very much the same.

With heavy hearts, both boys picked up their bags and headed to their respective spots, Donghyuck dramatically reaching out for Jaemin as they sat down at their new seats. Then, Jaemin attention turned to his new seat partner who was staring at him with curiosity.

Right.

Renjun had been the first to suspect Mark and Jaemin were soulmates, before they even knew that they were soulmates. Jaemin had to applaude the boy's intuition.

"Hey, Renjun right?" Jaemin said with an awkward smile, not entirely sure what to do with himself. Renjun nodded.

"Yeah, you're Jaemin right? We haven't spoken since earlier last month, your stomach is all healed now?" He asked and Jaemin nodded, giving the other a thumbs up gesture.

"Yep, all better now. Thanks for worrying so much," Jaemin said and the teacher's strict voice pulled both of their attention back to the board. For once, Jaemin pulled his notebook out and began to take notes, not wanting to look lazy in front of another person who wasn't Donghyuck.

The lesson continued and not another word was spoken between the two boys. The teacher droned on and, before long, the bell rang, dismissing the class for their next course. Jaemin tucked his book into his bag, not bothering to look over at Renjun who was packing up too.

"Hey Jaemin, I gotta run, I'll talk to you later," Donghyuck called out and Jaemin looked up to see the boy run out of the door with a wave, his eyes also catching Renjun as he walked out of the door without a word to him. He let out a relieved sigh, taking his time to pack up because he only had a study hall now and there wouldn't be another class in this room until the next period.

"Jaemin?"

Jaemin froze at the familiar tone of voice, looking up to see Mark standing by the door to the classroom, looking a bit confused as his eyes met Jaemin's. The boy's face softened and he looked nervous as they looked at each other. Neither entirely sure what to say or do right now.

"Um, do you need something?" Jaemin said slowly as Mark walked into the room, moving toward the desk that he was now standing next to.

"Oh, I was just looking for Renjun but I guess he already left," Mark explained and Jaemin nodded, silence developing over the boys as they struggled to find the words to say. "What class do you have now?"

Jaemin narrow his eyes. What class did he have now? Was that seriously what Mark was going to ask him after days of silence before which he had completely rejected him. "Really? That's what you have to say?"

"What, I didn't know we couldn't at least be friends," Mark retorted back, rolling his eyes at the hostility that Jaemin had pushed towards him. Jaemin crossed his arms.

"Oh I'm sorry, I thought you didn't want anything to do with me," Jaemin bit out, the hurt beginning to rise in his chest again as he sent a glare in Mark's direction. What he didn't expect to see was a hit of guilt and regret in Mark's eyes.

"Listen I didn't mean to hurt you, but," Mark was about to continue but he suddenly stopped looking around the room, just noticing the time on the clock. He cursed and Jaemin looked around too, remembering that school was still going on, "Listen, I'll come over to your house later and we can talk, okay?"

"Fine," Jaemin said, remembering he had a shift at the daycare later, "But I have a shift at the daycare later, I won't be at my home until after 18:00." Mark nodded as the warning bell rang, beginning to walk backwards towards the door.

"I'll just come pick up JiJi and we can all go back to your place," Mark said and before Jaemin could complain about how stupid that plan was, Mark was already jogging out of the room. He sighed. Mark was such an idiot sometimes.

But still, Jaemin thought as he walked to the door to continue to his next class, It was nice to have a soulmate who was willing to talk things out.

____________________________