Chapter One

CHAPTER 1

~*~Percy's POV~*~

I woke up in a puddle of water. It took awhile for me to realise it was sweat. My own sweat. I racked my brain, trying to remember what occurred. Sadly, I couldn't recall anything but this saltwater fountain sitting in front of me, spitting water. Oops. That's the one I've been staring at, right in front of me in my cabin. Well, I couldn't really say it's mine, but there are no more children of Poseidon here at Camp Half-Blood so I have this place all to myself. I was always the loner. Sometimes, I wish I still had my half-brother, Tyson, right beside me to keep company, but he was way down there in Poseidon's palace, making tools and weapons for Poseidon and his army in case of another unexpected fight.

Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door which made me fall off my bed. I opened the door, but no one was there. I shut the door again. Must've been my nerves. I went back to my bunk and sat down. Problem was, there had already been something sitting there. I slid down the side of the thing and fell headfirst into the wall behind me. After I regained my surroundings, I immediately faced the invisible thing. Just then, Annabeth literally materialised out of thin air.

"Hey, Seaweed Brain." she said. (Annabeth facts: She has a New York Yankees cap that could make the wearer invisible. It was a birthday gift from her mother, Athena.)

I rolled my eyes, and said sarcastically, "Would you please stop doing that? You're getting on my nerves! Do you know how much I worry about a monster trespassing my cab-"

Annabeth shut me up by thrashing her arms around my neck and kissing me.

'Shoot, I wonder how she does that,' I wondered.

Then she pulled away saying, "Ugh, Percy! You really smell! Please go wash yourself up before I touch you again." She sneered. "NOW! Or else I'm never coming near you again."

I hurried to the bathroom, frightened at her threat.

I managed to shower and brush my teeth in record time. I came out of the bathroom, just to find Annabeth wearing her invisibility cap again. At least that was what I thought. She came out of the bathroom, her mouth really wet from trying to get her mouth rid of the bad breath.

"Percy, next time will you please remember to brush your teeth every single day?", Annabeth said, lecturing me of oral health like I was a little baby.

'Okay', I thought in my head, 'but can we get over this particular topic?'

As if reading my thoughts, she said, "Come on, Seaweed Brain, lets get down to the mess hall. I could do with some breakfast."

I grinned at her idea and picked her up bridal style and stepped out into the morning light.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How was it?

RECOMMEND, COMMENT, AND FAN!!!

Give some suggestions too please...