Red [Interlude IV]

All dialogue is from the song. I might write a longer one-shot expanding on this some other time but I had the story idea in my head and had to write it. 

Song is Interlude IV (Showtime) - Zach Callison. I changed some lyrics to fit the fic better. Thanks for reading!

 -

Tick

Crimson dripped from the sword held slack in his hand.

Tock

His head was filled with the sound of a ticking clock.

Tick

A body laid out before him, surrounded by an ethereal halo of red. Blonde hair was turning a deep crimson as blue eyes gazed forward. Blankly.

Tock

He dropped to his knees before the body, mournful. The blade slipped from his hand, the soft clang of it hitting the ground interrupting the never ending tick tock for one blissful second.

Tick

The blood on the ground seeped into his pants, the white cuffs of his sleeves. The staining of his clothes was nothing compared to the body before him. White and red mixed together to paint a dreadful masterpiece depicting the tragedy before him.

Tock.

"We're finally free." The voice was soft, almost elated in nature. "Welcome home."

Home? Was this really home? The ground was red, covered in blood. Bloodbloodblood-

Tommy.

"It's just you and me now. Standing alone," The voice took a bit more of a sad turn, the reminder of what they had lost cutting into the happiness of finally being free. But were they really free? How could they be free when-

Blood. Tommy.

"The world is ours." A hand rested on his shoulder, causing him to look up. Red bloodbloodTommy eyes met brown. Wilbur gave him a small smile, encouraging in nature. The same crimson that covered the forgotten sword littered the clothes Wilbur wore.

"No, it isn't." Techno barely found his voice, the words coming out soft and broken. If Wilbur heard them he didn't acknowledge him.

"Get in the portal." Techno didn't move, instead keeping his eyes on the body before him. His skin was getting paler and paler by the second. Those blue eyes that used to shine with light and humor Techno could only dream of having had misted over. Tommy.

"This isn't finished." This time, Techno spoke louder. This couldn't be over. This isn't how Wilbur said it would go.

"What?" Wilbur's voice was confused, and Techno finally stood. He kept his back to the portal, instead turning his head to find Wilbur's eyes again.

"Even though the kid's dead-" Techno's voice hitched. He lifted his hands, stained and shaking. Red. "I'm still seeing red." Nothing had changed. Wilbur was wrong. Why hadn't it gone away? "I'm just a shell of his form. That his innocence shed."

Tommy. He wasn't the answer. Wilbur was wrong.

I'm sorry.

"He lived a good life, and he gave it to you." Wilbur seemed annoyed, practically dismissive. His gaze was level, never flinching even when Techno tightened his bloody fists.

"Oh, is that right? You know that's not true." Red hot rage filled Techno. How could Wilbur not get it? "Look at him, showered in blood and flowers." RedbloodbloodTommy. Techno gestured towards the body in front of him, making sure Wilbur looked. Truly saw what was in front of him. What he had done. What they had done. "Now look in my eyes." Wilbur looked, and Techno knew what he saw. The same red bloodblood that Techno had woken up with since that day. "He still holds the power." Wilbur noticeably gluped, but Techno refused to stop. "After years and tears, and confronting his fears, he's dead on his record. For the world to hear!" Techno's voice grew louder, stronger, angrier. Red. "And they'll all think that it was suicide. But, Wilbur, I know." Red met brown. "It was you inside."