Apology in the Cafe Foyer (Todoroki POV)

A small, petite staff lady with thin rimmed glassed ushered us to the main entrance of the cafe. The hallway was narrow, causing our party of two to walk single filed, Midoriya in front of me to guide, clearly familiar with the location. 

"Here we are!" said the lady, a little overly-friendly, "Please be kind to the residents here and do not feed them any food are drink or we'll have to deal with the worse end of things. Other than that, please enjoy your stay!" She twisted the door handle, it clicked softly and we stepped inside.

It was a large, sweet smelling room. There were gaping windows lined with frost that climbed from floor to ceiling. Around the left edge of the room were two-seat tables and hanging birdcages which housed a few lounging cats. To the right of the room were small nooks and cushions built far back into the cream-coloured walls. Right in the centre of the room was a lovely fake tree made from wooden planks, it boasted many platforms and warm-glowing lanterns hanging from the highest boughs. At the base of the tree was a elevated carpeted area where customers sat and looked out the windows to the snowy scene below.

It was, in short, cute. I could see how Midoriya could like this.

"Um... Do you wanna, go sit over there?" Midoriya stuttered, clearly still a little shaken from the collision. He had pointed to the seats by the left of the room, they were empty and away from most of the commotion which was occurring on the other side of the room.

"Sure." I let him shyly lead me over to the secluded seats by another large window and pull out a green cushioned chair for me. I sat down and gave Midoriya a sincere smile as he seated himself down in the chair opposite mine. He seemed nervous, obviously hoping I would enjoy myself here. It was so cute how hard he was trying. I took some time to go over him, what he was wearing, which I hadn't noticed before.

A white collared shirt with a dark grey sweater went over the top of his small physique. His top two buttons weren't done up, which eventually I found was a weird thing to notice. His coat was of a similar, darker grey, embroidered with a white thread on the front pocket and a draped collar that was uneven from the wind. His face held an expression of closeted happiness and his freckles happily danced over his rosy cheeks. It was easy to relax around such a sweet person.

"So, what do you think? A-about the cafe, that is." Midoriya questioned. 

"Well... It's very sweet, I can see why you like it." I responded, hoping it would be a satisfactory answer. Midoriya smiled back, he was easily pleased, or maybe just pleased that I was here.

Midoriya tried to hide a little giggle, "Yeah, I guess it is kind of on brand, but I'm very glad you like it. I was worried you wouldn't have a nice time, so I'm happy!" He grinned and tucked a stray strand of emerald green hair behind his ear.

We spent a little moment of silence reading through the short but aesthetically pleasing menu. Basic items like coffee, tea, hot chocolate and a various selection of snacks. My fingers fiddled with the corner of the menu, unsure what to order as to make what impression. Coffee was sophisticated, but I'd be awake till 1 am and my breath would stink. Tea was always nice, but seemed a little feminine, and it's usually something you share with someone else, so that would be assuming Midoriya wanted tea as well...

I eventually settled with hot chocolate, seeing as though it was winter, the perfect time for it anyway. I always felt cosy and calm whenever I had it. I placed my menu down and eyed Midoriya until he lifted his head up from the papers. He caught me staring at him and I quickly moved my head to the side to seem as though I wanted to gain the attention of the waitress. From the corner of my eye I could see his shoulders stiffen quickly and his gaze lower to the table, embarrassed.

"I assume you're ready to order?" I muttered in a low tone, facing everything but him.

"Y-yeah..." Midoriya whispered, flustered and shocked.

"Great, then I'll get the waitress."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading the third chapter of my Tododeku fan fiction!

Sorry for changing my upload schedule, but I've been a little more busy than usual, so this is how things will stay for a while. Sorry to keep you waiting for so long.

I have a lot of passion for writing and I'm so glad you took the time to read my work!

If you find any grammatical errors or spelling mistakes in my story, please inform me so I can make the next reader's experience more enjoyable!

Stay tuned for the next chapter titled: "Hot Drinks, Hot Faced (Midoriya POV)" this coming Friday (AWST)!

~ sakuga ღゝ◡╹)ノ♡