Chapter 1

I see him across the packed room at the end of film party, chatting with our co-star, Natalie Dormer. She's beautiful, with her wavy blonde hair and her cute British accent. They're laughing about something, and I'm desperate to know what's so funny. I consider going over to them when someone hugs me from behind and whispers in my ear "you loveeee him!!" Like a 5 year old in the playground, teasing someone about their crush.  I whip around so their arms loosen and I see that it's another co-star, Sam Claflin. I smack his arm playfully and tell him to shut up whilst giggling. Maybe I am a five year old staring at my crush after all. Of course I was looking at Josh Hutcherson, my best friend and on screen lover.

Sam is still behind me as we stare at Josh and Natalie for a little longer than we shouldve. "Just tell him, dude! He loves you, you know that!" Sam exclaims to me, dramatically grabbing my arms and shaking me. I laugh and pull away, saying "No Sam! He loves Claudia!"

Claudia is Joshs girlfriend and has been since they met on the set of their new movie, paradise lost.

"Cmon, Jen. We all know that he'd drop her for you in a heartbeat. So get over there and tell him how you feel!" Sam is a little too eager for this to happen, so I eye him up with suspicion, but I quickly lose it when I let my mind wonder to what could happen.

"But what if he turns me down, Sammy?" My voice sounds like I'm whining.

"He won't, Jen! He loves you, he loves you, he loves you!!" I laugh at my friend as he jumps up and down with excitement in his eyes. I suddenly feel as though I need to do this not only for me, but for Sam as well. I look back over a Josh, and I notice that he's sat alone on one of the sofas. Sam pushes me once more, and this time I don't resist. I walk over to the sofa area quickly and sit right on Joshs lap before he even has chance to see me. "Woah, sorry Josh! Didn't even see you there!" I say, scooting off of his lap and onto the sofa next to him. "Ugh, Jennifer!" He sighs with fake annoyance in his voice, pushing me away. I roll my eyes and we laugh at each other until it dies out slowly.

"So how've you been, man? Haven't seen you on ages!" I exclaim, punching him in the arm.

"Jen, we facetimed yesterday?" Josh laughs.

"You know what I mean, Joshy, god!" I shout over the music. As he's laughing I scan every detail on his face; his dark brown eyes, his stubble, his cracked lips. He looks over at me and his eyes move from my hair to my feet. "You look beautiful, Jennifer." He smiles, and his eyes settle on mine. I look down to remind my self of what I'm wearing; a black dress that hugs my hips and boobs that ends mid thigh. There is a triangular cut out in the middle of the front, exposing my belly button. My shoes are gold glitter stilettos. Suddenly I feel very self conscious, so I look up and reconnect eye contact with Joshua. My Joshy. I blush and blurt out, "Not too bad yourself, hun,"

"Awe! Thanks babe." Josh sticks out his hand and acts as camp as he can, but we end up bursting into laughter. 

"So, how are things with Claudia?" I ask, desperate for him to say something like they broke up.

"Um yeah, she's good thanks." Josh takes a sip of his drink and dismisses the question quickly. Does that mean something?

"Oh, um.. Good. That's good." I say, not sure I'm convincing anyone with this tone.

"Yeah.. yeah she's in Spain at the moment though. Seeing family, friends.." Josh trails. I look at him quizzically.

"Joshy, something wrong?" I ask and take hold of his arm as a sign of comfort.

"Um, yeah actually. But I can't talk about it here. Let's talk after the party, babe?" He winks as I cringe at the pet name. He stands up and reaches out for my hand.

"Cmon, Jen. Dance with me!" He pulls me up too enthusiastically and I stumble into him so out faces are right next to each other. He rests his forehead on mine and I know that this is the right time to say something. I open my mouth to say the words, but before I get the chance Joshs lips crash into mine.