CHAPTER 3 - The King

Today, you were requested to come to Julius' office but the thing is, you don't know where that is . You heard people whispering about you but you paid no mind to it .

"She's the one on the newspaper! The on who singlehandedly took out the Diamond Kingdom's Army!"

"Eh? How old is she? She's looks like she's in her mid 20's . Can she really be that powerful?"

"Is she a Magic Knight? I haven't seen her before , she doesn't have any robes too!"

You cut them off by going into the palace where you saw a young silver haired lady with immense mana hidden within.

"Who might you be?" She asked you after she takes notice of your presence . "I'm (Y/n) , the right hand knight of the Wizard King" you said .

"You're the one who's in the newspapers... how—how can you hold such mana?" She asked and you smiled at her .

"I've been practicing my whole life since I always failed at controlling it before" you said as her eyes sparked some hope.

"Those who have greater magic will most likely evolve later than others so don't give up , little one" you continued .

"Noelle—I'm Noelle Silva" she introduced herself . You patted her head and waved goodbye at her . Once she was gone, you realized that you were lost .

'I should've asked her! I'm such a fool!" You exclaimed in your thoughts and sighed . You walked around the area and you were still lost .

Believe it or not , your bad sense of direction was the effects of using your Joker Magic . You manipulate reality but you yourself is a victim of that which means you often lose your direction .

"I can't seem to find his mana either, was he hiding from Marx or is it my power?" You whispered to yourself .

"An unknown lady!" A boy shouted . Strangely , he reminds you so much of the Crimson Lion's captain .

"Hello there" you greeted kindly . He widened his eyes in realization and asked, "You're the lady who defeated the Diamond Army!" .

"I did" you proudly say .

"Maybe you could teach me on how to build up mana as great as yours! I'll become a Wizard King by then!" He devotedly said .

"You have outstanding mana, you only need to realize how to use it for your own advantage" you explained which he grew excited at.

"That's not enough for me, maybe I'll train! I'm hoping to see you again, lady!" He said while running off .

"Wait— where could I find—" you stopped as he disappeared from your view. You're sure that you were now late and your stomach grumbled .

"Why is it so noisy— oh...?" A wimpy fraud looking man said .

"Aren't you the woman at the newspaper? You look better in person! Care to join me on eating breakfast?" He asked as you internally swear dropped .

"I have an important meeting up ahead, I'm afraid I might pass" you politely said.

"What? You don't say no to the king! I am Augustus Kira Clover XIII and nothing is more important than me!" He explained as your eye involuntarily twitched in annoyance .

'Such a self centered King! No ruler should be like that!' You thought .

"Behold, my Grand Light Magic!"  He said as it slowly formed a statue of himself .

'His light magic is ... Slow ...?' you thought confused .

"Why aren't you applauding!" He asked you with a shouting tone . You smiled crookedly at his little show and clapped slowly against your will .