CHAPTER 9 - The Magic Item

Julius woke up with a throbbing head. Indeed he was sober but it doesn't mana that he was immune to the after shock of the liquor . He realized that your form that was once beside him was gone .

"Good morning, Julius . Here take this medicine, it'll magically poof the pain away" you said in a childish manner .

He laughed at your silly use of words and immediately clutched his head in pain . He took the medicine and thanked you in the process .

"For the record, I don't recall anything that happened last night. So if you're going to ask what happened, I absolutely don't know too" you said, taking the glass of water on his hands .

"I remember everything , you're the only one clueless on this" He teased .

"Oh well" you sighed and shrugged .

"Shouldn't you get to work?" You continued. I swear you saw Julius shiver while you head out to put the glass on the sink .

"I don't mind getting late" He said jokingly while you giggled .

"Ofcourse you don't . Are you ever on time?" You asked him which he shrugged at , copying your actions once again.

"I need to talk to you" He said .

"Aren't we already talking?" You said in a sarcasticaly joking voice .

"It's about your Kingdom . We might be one step closer on freeing your Kingdom" You immediately looked at him with hopeful eyes as you sat down .

"Please continue" you pleaded .

"Every night I studied the book you indirectly gave me long ago . There was a code so I studied other scriptures to solve them over the years" you looked at him with a shock face .

'Did he really do that ...?' you thought , feeling moved by his action .

"I found out that there's a place here in clover where a magic item from your kingdom had been hidden. It might be able to open a partial portal for your kingdom" you nodded at him, passion filling your self once again .

One thing was for sure . He didn't tell you about your kingdom's past, there's a possibility that it might be false so he's betting that it is .

"Alright . Where do we find it?" You asked .

"In Hage . Remember the legend about our kingdom?" He asked .

"Yes, it was a splendid story" you replied.

"The demon's skull is located there and I believe that it's buried deep within the ancient ruins on that remains"

"Hmm , that's clever.  I wonder who hid a magic item of our kingdom there" you asked to yourself but Julius knew who.

'It was a Wizard King from Clover from long ago' He thought .

"It's settled , I shall go to this place called Hage and find the magic item" you concluded which Julius responded with a nod .

"I shall come with" He stated .

"No. You're the Wizard King , you have plenty of work" you declined his little claim and proceed to stand up .

"I said I would help you to free your Kingdom" he stood up to follow your retreating figure .

"You already did by providing information, I hope you provide me more in the future" You stated like a queen you truly are . Julius smiled and huffed as you look at him with your

'what-does-that-suppose-to-mean' look

"You don't know where Hage is" he smiled in victory, realizing that you actually don't know the Clover Kingdom except it's capital .