Chapter 2

Kai/Kayla's POV

Normally I don't take offense to someone calling me a fag, but the way it rolled of his beautiful lips killed me inside. I quickly sat down by a tree while wiping tears away.

"Kayla?" I look up to Lily. "Are you ok? I never see you cry." She sat down beside me, cradling me in her arms. I have known her since we were born.

Our parents were the best of friends, they knew each other for like 35 years. "I-I don't know. This boy called me a fag, and I-it felt like a knife to my heart. But I never cried before, when someone called me that."

"Who called you that?" Her voice was stern and hard like she wanted to kill that person. "I-it was," I paused because it was hard to say who it was.

"N-Nick M-Mattew." I stutter. "Where is he?" Then his words came back to my head. "K-kill him t-tomorrow, I need you right n-now." She sat back down taking me in her arms.

"He was having a panic attack and used a cigarette to cure it." She was playing with my hair the way I like it. She did not say anything like she knew I wasn't done talking.

"I told him he needed an inhaler but he yelled at me calling me a f-fag." My tears came back once again. "Hey, shhh, it's ok." She knew we had class but didn't care that what I love about her.

I dried my tears up so we could go to class. "Let's go." She looked scared to leave me. "I'm ok, you need to go." She nodded and gave me one last hug.

After class (Lunch)

"Hey Kai?" I looked over and up to the principal. "Yes?" She took me to her office. "What am I doing here?" I look over and saw Nick. "I need you to look out for him, I caught him smoking."

"Yeah, I know." The look she had on her face scared me. "You knew?" I slowly nodded. "I-I tried to get him to stop b-but." She motioned me on, "But he yelled me and called me a f-fag."

"Oh did you now Mr. Mattew." He nodded not ashamed. He looked carefree like he just stood there with pain in his eyes but a slight smirk on his face.

"Yes, I did whatcha gonna do about it?" He laughed. "I'm going to call your father." By the face, he made him abusively hated his father. "What can I do for you not to tell him?"

His words coming out fast and in a worried tone. "Nothing, you must accept the punishment. He laid back in the seat, looking like something was going on in his head.

"Hello, Mr. Mattew," The principal started, "Your son has been causing so much trouble today, first he called a kid a fag and then I caught him smoking on school grounds."

"I will deal with him when I get home." Nick put his knees to his chest and laid his head down. "Both of you are dismissed." I nodded and walked out.

"Thanks, idiot." He paused. "Thanks to you I'm going to get beat at home." this hit me like a ton of bricks. "Y-your father abuses you?" I started. "We have to the principal."

Before I could move he held me against a locker. "Don't you dare tell anyone. Got it. ANYONE." I nodded scared. "Good," Then he just left. "Kay, are you ok? You look like you seen a ghost."

"I uh thought I did." I nervously laughed. "Um ok, but let's go home now." She took my hand and pulled me to her car. "I can walk you know." She just laughed. "Of course I know but do I care?"

"No." She happily said. We got in the car because I don't feel like walking and she offers to take me home. "Why did you want me to take you home today?"

"Because my little legs hurt from walking half a mile every day." She laughed so hard and almost crashed the car. "Sorry." Now I will forever hold on to my seatbelt.

"Well, we are here. Call me when you are finished with your homework." I nodded and went inside. "I'm home mom," I called out.

"Welcome home, how was school? Did you get test scores back?" She always talked about school first then all the other stuff. "Good, and I get them tomorrow"

"Ok," I hugged my dad and went straight to study.