Chapter 12: Dice Roll

Ryou Bakura went back to his game. "The spirit landed right on top of it? Sad." He was going to have to repair all new sections. "Hm? Dice." Dice had fallen beneath. "A critical 00. A foul 99. A six. A 12. Another critical. Why are so many dice out here?" He was about to pick them up, when Bakura took control.

"You never leave the dice out like that, and neither would I." He grabbed the dice and rolled them. "Two criticals, a 99, a six and a 12." He picked them up and rolled them again. "Same numbers. You try it."

Ryou Bakura rolled it. "The exact same. Why won't they roll into something else?"

Bakura took back control. "She fell on top of here. These dice. They have meaning." He picked up the dice and threw them up and down in his hand. "Everything that is happening." He held the dice tight in his hand. "Would you like to know a secret about Egyptian Gods?"

What secret?

"They like games ." He let the dice fall. The same numbers appeared. "Good or bad. Everything is fun with a game."

Ryou Bakura took back control. "I'm going to call Yuugi. Maybe they will be helpful for him?"

-----------------------------------

Jounouchi's Place

A thousand more nightmares on my mind. Mai continued to act like she was fine as they went back to Jounouchi's. He had been torn between talking to Atem or comforting her. Jounouchi had told her several things about the Other Yuugi, including his real name. So it was a little bit of a surprise he chose her over him. He was that worried. She tried to pull her focus away by getting some food started. Call it a late lunch, she just needed something to take her mind off of everything.

Jounouchi came over by the kitchen to see her. "It's okay, Mai. I know that stirred some feelings. I'll be here until you feel better. You want me to get you something?"

"No." Still. "Human traffickers and everyone freaks out, turns out it's Egyptian guys and it feels like everyone just relaxed."

"Oh. Yeah, there's a reason for that," Jounouchi said. "For one. A freaking Pharaoh returned. For two. A massive dragon. Also, the enemy you kind of know is easier to deal with. Still as dangerous though."

"We couldn't talk to Yuugi or Anzu," Mai said, not even fixing food anymore. "They're cut off."

"Mystical magical mumbo jumbo," Jounouchi said as he came toward her. He brought her into his arms. "Don't worry, it's always worked itself out with Atem. It's probably just 'cause the connection's new. Even Atem isn't freaking out yet, and boy. Trust me, when he does, it's not pretty."

Mai didn't say anything as he held her. "Is Mana alright with you?" She looked back up at him. "I didn't mean to run over on you, it just felt right."

"Yeah, hey, if it's what you called her when you thought it was the end. Then. I guess that's her name. Nothing wrong with it at all. Except? It probably should be-"

"It's Kujaku. We'll figure out terms, but I'm not the kind of girl to jump for a wedding ring." She felt him squeeze her tighter. "Jounouchi. You're so bad for me."

"Heh, Honda says the same thing about you for me." Jounouchi let her go and looked at her hands. "You're a strong woman, Mai. Getting more beautiful and stronger each turn." He smirked at her, reciting her words for her harpies. "So who goes first?"

Mai left his bed. They had been sleeping in different beds while they figured things out, but she couldn't deny him today. Like it or not, Jounouchi always made her feel strong. They started for so long as friends.