Chapter 4

"This is not a date!" I hissed lightly at my sister as we walked through the small crowd of people setting up blankets and snacks for the outdoor jazz concert.

"I dont see how you going on one date will hurt!" Hanabi spoke back with her hands on her hips.

I didn't want to tell her about the possible engagement with Toneri yet. It isn't set in stone and I knew that admitting it out loud would mean it could happen. Its too soon.

"You know guys are constantly asking you out but you never say yes! I am just trying to help you get back in the game." She laughed.

I raised an eyebrow at her "You know it's not good to meddle in other people's business."

The two of us were quietly arguing, well..... more like me lecturing and her having something smart to say back.

"Hey," We hear a familiar voice causing us to act normal.

"Hello Naruto," Hanabi said then elbowed me to say something.

I gave her the side-eye then looked at the blonde "Hello Mr. Uzumaki"

He laughed "Just call me Naruto, Hinata."

"Hey, Naruto I got some snacks," A young man with brown hair said walking up to us.

Hanabi gasped dramatically with a hint of fakeness "Konohamaru is that you!? What a weird coincidence."

Konohamaru looked a little confused "What do you mean Hanabi? When we ran into each other at the hospital and you invit-"

"Big sis! This is Konohamaru, he is in the same college as me and we take classes together" she then looked over at the young man blinking her eyes rapidly as if telling him to follow along "How do you know Naruto?"

Naruto pulled the brunette in and began to lightly rub his knuckles on the top of his head "this guy is my intern but I have known him since he was just a kid."

I watched as Naruto smiled down messing with the young man and was just in awe of his positive demeanor.

Just then Naruto looked up making eye contact with me and it was as if we couldn't breakaway.

Hanabi then gasped dramatically once again to get our attention. "Oh no! Konohamaru I just realized that we have that paper to do."

The young man seemed even more confused "what paper?"

"You know! Stop playing dumb!" She then looks up at the blonde man "sorry guess we can't have that interview! I will be sure to get your information from my sister!"

Naruto smiled looking at the two "oh, okay well good luck with that you two."

Hanabi quickly grabbed the poor boy's wrist and dragged him away before anyone could protest.

"Hanabi!" I hissed gently and sternly. I knew what she was doing, she set this whole thing up so she had a reason to leave.

"I hope they can finish that paper of theirs in time," he said in a tone making me think he believed my little sister's words. 'that's kind of cute'

He then looked back at with a smile "So where should we sit?".

"Oh, yeah. There is a spot over by the big tree in the back that Hanabi and I always sit at."

We walk to the back to see that my large purple blanket had not been touched but to my surprise, there was a bottle of white wine with two glasses. 'Hanabi, I swear'

I run over grabbing it "I am sorry, Hanabi must have sneaked this over" I look around trying to see if I could give this to anyone.

"It's okay" I feel him walking closer to me and gently take the wine bottle out of my hand "I am really more of a beer guy but always up to try new things."