Chapter Eleven

"oh my god, look it's Nixon!"

"Wait, who is that really hot guy?"

"OMG, I am so loving that look"

"is that Mitch Lockman?"

"Ugh, what is she doing there?"

I cleared my throat and looked down my feet. These people sure do know how to gossip.

"Yeah, I got to go—"

"Would you all shut the fuck up?" My eyes widened when Nixon spoke up. "Go mind your own bitching business"

The people who were saying some stuffs quickly lowered their head and moved their feet to scramble off the place. I took a glance at Thanatos to see that he is typing away on his phone and he yawned then sent a wink to my direction.

"Alright, that's settled. Let's go home?" he suddenly said and pushed his phone to his pocket.

"W-what?—"

"I'm taking her home today" Nixon butted in.

Thanatos looked at him blankly for a second then he grabbed my hand and pulled me to his car with Nixon trailing behind us. As soon as we got to his car, Thanatos opened the front door seat for me but before I could get it Nixon slipped in and sent a grin to Thanatos.

"I'll be more comfortable in the back, I could stretch my libs in there" I slipped in the backseat before a fight could even start.

The ride was silent on our way to our house. I could almost see sparks of lightning each time their eyes would meet. I didn't even know that I was holding my breath until we stopped in our house.

"we're here" I said with a bit of enthusiasm in my tone. "You guys uh want to come in?"

"Yes, I have some matters I like to discuss with your parents" Thanatos said as he got out of the car.

"Nix?" I asked but he only smiled at me and shook his head a bit.

"I have some other stuffs to do" he replied.

"oh, uhm okay, didn't you bring your car? Or your bike? Do you need a ride back to school? I cou—"

"No need Mitch, I live pretty nearby so I think I'll just walk—"

"let me walk you then—"

"Yeah, why don't we walk you?" Thanatos butted in.

"why don't you head inside?" I told him. they would surely be fighting if they last in the same stratosphere for that long.

"What?" he looked at me with a calculating look.

"Why don't you go inside?" I repeated. "I also have to talk to Nixon, I'll be quick promise"

He looked at me for a few seconds and took a quick glance at Nixon who was looking our way. He pressed his lips to my forehead for a few seconds.

"Be quick Kitten" he whispered. He looked at Nixon. "Keep her safe Anderson"

Nixon snickered at him. "I will even if you don't tell me"

Thanatos went inside while me and Nixon started to walk.

"So what's up with you two?" I asked him. He raised an eyebrow at me.

"I should be asking the same thing"

"Shut up, I still have no idea why he's marching in my life like he knows me" I said in a small voice. "and you guys? What is up with the bad blood between you two?"