Chapter 3 - The Setting Sun

Y/N POV

I woke up and looked at me clock, it reads 6:30am. I preform the same routine I do everyday, cooked breakfast, took and shower, put on my uniform, and left my house at 7:30.

While walking to school, I noticed couple of students wearing Haneoka uniforms looking at me weird, I've heard a couple of whispers from some students on the train.

Random Student 1: "that's a boy, he's wearing our schools uniform"

Random Student 2: "yeah that's so weird"

I often ignore comments directed, I really don't care what people think about me, however this is different, girls are looking at me like I'm crazy.

As I arrived at school I started to see the issue, not a single boy I sight. After seeing all eyes on me I dashed towards the headmasters office.

"Aunt Ryoko!!!!" I said barging in, she just smile and looked at me.

"surprise!" She said happily. She explained that she wanted to see how a boy would integrate into the female student community. I guess she found a loop hole in the registration system just to preform a what if.

As I exit the headmasters office was a greeted by two familiar voices. Yukina and Lisa ran into me in the hallway.

"Hey Y/N what are doing here, and why are you wearing our uniform!" Lisa said confused, "well as it stands I'm now a student here......the only boy in a all girls school..yay" I said with a tone of defeat in my voice, "Well aren't you the luckiest boy in the world, you can finally live out those harem anime fantasies" Lisa said with a smirk on her face, "which class are you in Y/N" Yukina asks, I told the two girls that I was placed in class 3-A, with them giving me a surprised look, they told me that their in the same class, well as least I know two people.

Class 3-A

I was standing in front of class with that class either whispering or just a look of confusion, Aunt Ryoko explains to the class that I'm going be here for the final year as a experiment, I took my seat next to he window beside Lisa and behind Yukina, as class was going on I started to think about my current life and how it's been strange, and come to think of it when I've observed around this part of the city: there are no boys my age whatsoever, and the older men are usually dads or shop owners.

During lunch I decided to walk around the campus. On my way to the cafeteria I receive stares from the other students, I've never felt so out of place in my life. I went with a egg sandwich and sat in the courtyard looking at my band list.

Suddenly at the corner of my eye I see a girl with light grey hair with a sleep expression on her face approach me.

"Hey they cutie you alone" she said in a lazy tone, I can't honestly tell if she's serious or not, but might as well entertain her.

"Yeah and cute maybe not , by the way my name is Y/N L/N is good to meet you" I said bowing.

"Ahhh nice to meet you too, I'm the Adorable Moca Aoba" she said in sleepy voice, and she likes to talk in third person.

She noticed the list in my hand and told me that she was part of the band named: Afterglow I asked if I can meet her band and ask them about joining the live event.

She led to rooftop where that usually meet up, when we arrived there was four girls with different appearances.

"Moca your late, wait is that the rumored male student?!" The pink haired girl said with a surprised look on her face.

"Hello my name is Y/N L/N, and yes I'm that rumored male student as you can see" I said with a small smile on my face.

"Hey hey I'm Himari Uehara, it's really good to meet a boy our age" the pink haired with low pig tails said blushing.

"Hey there I'm Tomoe Udagawa" the tall red haired girl said. "Oh your Ako's sister" I said surprised, "oh yeah your that boy Ako talks about at home" she said slightly laughing.

"Hello my name is Tsugumi Hazawa I hope we get along" she said nervously.

The girl with black hair and a highlighted red strand is last to say her name, but I already knew her name.

"Hello Ran it's been a while" I said with a smile, "yeah.....it has been a long time" she said while looking away.

"Wait your two know each other!?" Himari asked, "My mom is good friends with the Mitake family, she attended their Flower Arrangement School" I explained.

I then asked if they were interested in joining the live event at Circle, after telling the information about the event and all formalities, I then proceeded to tell about some of the accommodations at Circle: multiple studios to practice, and a cafe where you can take breaks. Ran surprisingly accepted the offer after learning I was an employee there, which she received surprised looks from her friends, I guess Ran doing impulsive decisions are a rare sight.

As I was leaving the roof, I was relieved that I got 2/7 off my list, I guess I'll tackle getting Morfonica on board for the event.

Ran stopped me on the way down the stairs by calling my name, she came up with Teary eyes and pulled me into a tight hug. Ran's usually that quiet, unapproachable girl so for her to give me a hug out of no where is very out of the ordinary.

"I've missed you Y/N" she said while looking at me where I can see the burning passion in her scarlet red eyes.

"If you ever need to be comforted I'm here for you" she said in a seductive tone.

After interpreting what she said I decided to act dense just to get out the situation. While walking downstairs toward my class I couldn't get it out my head what Ran told me. I mean we've been separated for a long time but for her to whisper "that" in my ear I shook my head in denial. "I can't let it distract me it's Ran Mitake she'd never doing something like that".

Ran's POV

My parents never told Y/N moved back well it doesn't matter.

I've been holding feelings for him for a while bit I didn't think he'd return. Y/N was always so special to me, aside from my friends he's the only other person I really care about, Maybe I should invite him to join Afterglow with his singing ability we can for sure be able to surpass Minato and Roselia.

Authors Notes:

Well that's Afterglow taken care of, TBH I could have written it better but I don't really know a lot about them other than: Tomoe being the coolest member downtown and a Taiko drummer, Moca is a lovable Yamabuki bun eater, Himari is stacked, Tsugu gives off the "girl next door vibes" I know how Ran can be, but compared to the other bands yeah not so much, if there's any Afterglow fans I deeply apologize for the lack luster chapter.

So that's 2/7 bands of Y/N's list. Next chapter he'll recruiting Morfonica and Raise A Suilen