-chapter four

beep
beep
beep
today's the day.
the first day of school in Sydney.
im so scared, what if there are bullies here too? what is they're worse?
i start to have a panic attack, i get these too often. way too often. hopefully I won't get them anymore once I get used to it here.
"autumn! are you up?"
"yes mom, im up. I'll be down in an hour."
I head to the shower, taking my hair straightener and makeup bag into the bathroom with me. after about 45 minutes, im out of the shower, dressed in light blue jeans, a band tank top, and converse. im ready earlier than usual, so I pull out my phone and scroll through my phone. I don't have any contacts, maybe I will after today. hopefully. after about 10 minutes of doing nothing, i run downstairs and get myself an apple and walk outside to my moms car. she gets in five minutes later with jake and drives him to school first, because his school starts earlier than mine. when we pull up to the front of the middle school building, jake's face lights up. he's always loved school, he's good at it. me on the other hand, not so much. at my old school in Michigan, the highest grade I had was a C+, which is good for me. my mom doesn't know, of course. after jake got out of the car and introduced himself to a group of boys playing kickball in the front play area, my mom and I went off to my new school, Kingsford Smith high school. when we pull into view of the school, you can immediately see how many people there are. good. lots of potential friends who know nothing of my past. then, as my mom drives to the drop off, I see him. or at least I think it's him. the boy who looks like ashton turns to face the car as we're going by, and I see his eyes. it's him. it's ashton.
once I get out of the car, I can see him walking towards me.
"hi, uh, are you-"
"yeah, it's autumn. so im guessing you're actually ashton?"
he laughed. I love his laugh.
"i think." he said sarcastically.
just then, the bell rang.
"well, I have to go, want me to take you to your first class for you? to help you know your way around a bit?"
"please," i said, smiling. my smile is nowhere near as amazing as his.
he led me towards the door at the front of the main building, along with the crowds of people who were already waiting to get into the school. once we got inside, i took a look around the halls.
"so, whats your first class?"
I looked over to see ashton staring at me, what was he looking at? probably judging me. yeah. what other reasons would he be looking at you? maybe because he's waiting for a response, dumbass.
"oh um, what was that? sorry. lost in thought I guess."
"what class do you have first?"
"oh, sorry, yeah um one second."
I pulled out my schedule and tucked a piece of my long blonde hair behind my ear.
"science." when I look back up, he's staring at me again, but quickly looks away.
"ok, um, that's in the, uh, main hallway. yeah. ok it's not far from here, lets go."
he seemed.. nervous? why would he be nervous? probably nervous to be seen with me, but I loved being seen with him. no, I loved just being with him. why do I like him so much? we've only talked twice, but hes.. different.
"ok so, here it is. standards science. that'll be five dollars please." he said with a smirk, and when my face dropped and I started searching through my bag for spare change because I don't have any money on me, he started laughing.
"I was kidding, you don't have to pay me."
"oh, im an idiot." he could see how i wasnt joking, and put his arm around me. he noticed how I froze up a bit, so quickly took it off. I liked it, I was just surprised. why would he want to put his arm around me?
"uh, sorry about that."
and he started to walk away. it was like he realized something, coming back my way right before I was going to go into science, and handed me a piece of paper.
"it's my number, you should call me sometime."
A/N
OK SO THIS ONES LONGER THAN LAST TIME, THEYRE GONNA GET A BIT LONGER THAN THIS
BUT WOAH GUYS ALMOST 200 READS. YOU ARE ALL AMAZING AND I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. ILL UPDATE TOMORROWW LOVE YALL