Chapter 8: Hallway Interactions

<Lauren's POV>
I tensed up again as I picked up the scent of the boy walking down the stairs and entering the hallway. He was a vampire, one of the vampires Ally and Normani had warned me about. They claimed to be 'vegetarians' but it didn't mean I had to like them, without thinking I pulled Camila closer to my body, this didn't go unnoticed by her. As the bronze eyed boy approached us I had to hold my breath not to gag. "The one and only Lauren Jauregui, we finally meet. I'm Edward Cullen, I just moved here with my family." He spoke with such falseness in his voice, I didn't want to cause a scene in front of Camila so I only smiled slightly at him. "It's nice to meet you Edward." Camila noticed my tenseness and slowly pulled away from me.
"Well Lauren and I were just going to lunch, will we be seeing you?" She asked with true politeness.
"You will." He smiled as he took off the other way.
I finally released my grip on Camila and watched him walk away, she have me a weird look but I just shrugged it off.

"Is everything okay Lauren?" Camila asked with true concern laced on her face.
"Camila, I like you, a lot. More than a friend I know we haven't known each other long but maybe you could let me take you out sometime?"
"That sounds great Lauren." She smiled and before anything else the bell rang to signal time for class. I walked Camila to her class and then walked to mine.