I: First Day

[Chaewon's POV]

The school seems better than I thought. I was thinking of cliques, grumpy people in the hallway and people that would probably bump you in the shoulder just for fun.

But there werent any of those. It was an oddly quiet and normal hallway.

I pulled out my phone and called my mom. I went to the school without having any idea about it.

"It's an all girls school. The principals office is on the right in the first building. You cannot use your phone in class and you cant skip your first day" I didnt even get to say anything as she ended the call. But at least she answered the question in my head.

The principals office was right there, how come I didnt even notice it? She explained and gave me my schedule. I didnt really care about it though, so I kept on nodding on everything she said.

The bell rang as the teacher came to me. I told her that I dont want to be introduced in front of the class and that I can just do all those on my own.

Finding my room was really easy. I even got to choose a seat near the window. No one was giving me weird looks or a simple glance even. I think I could enjoy this kind of school.

"Hello, you're new right?" This girl said as she sat right next to me. I didnt give a reply and just waited for her to say something. "Can you please do me a favor and let my friend sit next to you?" I was confused. I wanted to say no but the teacher came and she ran out of the room.

She intoduced us stuff about the school but I didnt care enough to listen. Around half an hour later, I found myself just blantly looking outside the window.

Somebody tapped my shoulder making me look at her. This girl suddenly shows up in the seat next to mine. I swear that no one sat here earlier, except for that weird girl who ran away.

"Dogs are really cute. What do you think?" um. I nodded and gave her a smile. She did the same thing and stared at me. Her eyes didnt didnt move a single bit. I wasnt sure what to do but I kept on smiling then looked in front.

"You lost" lost what? She said it with a sad tone and I dont know why.

"Stop making that bleh face" she said as she tried to copy my confused face.

"Excuse me? What?" She smiled widely. "You lost the no blinking and just look at the eyes contest" does she mean staring contest? whatever, I nodded and looked out the window.

She kept on talking by herself as I tried my best to ignore her. The teacher didnt seem to mind her either. I have no idea how I survived a few hours sitting next to this person.

The bell rang again which indicates that it's time for lunch. This part of the day has always been my concern. For example which table should I go or which people should I go with. It's always been a challenge for me but I hope I survive.

"Hello" The girl from earlier suddenly put her arm on my shoulder. "Thanks for letting my friend sit next to you" she didnt let go of me and pulled me to the cafeteria.

The atmosphere seems friendly unlike ny last school. It's like everyone at school is getting along with each other. My seatmate suddenly showed up on her other side as she pulled us to a table.