Prologue- Vow under the stars

[Damien's PoV]

"Hey! Arnold, Ernest! I'll head to the toilet, don't follow me!" I commanded them before running straight for the toilet and locking the door behind me.

Great, there's a window big enough for me to fit. I stood on top of the closed toilet cover and stretched out my hands for the wall edge of the window sill. Ughhhh!! C'mon! I pulled myself up with all my strength my little arms could take. YES! FINALLY! I slipped through the small gap in the window opening and landed on the soft grass on my feet. I looked up and saw the starry night. 

It is a beautiful sight. It really is.

I then remembered about the escape and I begin running towards the gate exit. 

"Young Prince! Young Prince, Damien! Get back here! We'll get fired for letting you escape!" Arnold and Ernest, my newest bodyguards, shouted and chased after me when they realised I had escaped. "Tell my father that I will only be back after a few days! I'll be fine! Just stop chasing after me!" I shouted back, trying to get them off me, in response.

I looked back, running frantically away from that nightmare. "Ouch!" A voice called out. I saw a young girl around my age, perhaps a little younger, rubbing her sore knee. I realised I had accidentally knocked and over her, I quickly shot an apology. "I'm so sorry! I'm really sorry, I didn't see you there. I was kind of in a rush." She waved her hand off at me coldly and stood up, sweeping the dirt of herself. She turned to look towards the sky. 

I stood up and looked at her and I thought I saw sadness flashed somewhere in those...pale eyes of hers. However, her bright smile did not waver while looking at the stars. 

We stayed silent for awhile before she broke the silence, "they are beautiful, aren't they? I can't see them, not really. But I want to rewrite my fate, rewrite the stars. This, here was my last hope, and its gone. The stars in my dark world is gone."

At that moment, something was tugging in me. Telling me that I had to help her, save her, protect her, no matter what. And so, I vowed on that day under that starry night. I will protect her no matter what or where I may be in the future... 

"I'll be your star from now, I'll guide you, I'll protect you."

"And maybe rewrite the stars with you."

"I'll return for you, I promise." I whispered to the stars in the darkness and returned with my bodyguards to the nightmare I had escaped from.

Little did I know what the future may hold...

[A/N] THANK YOU SO MUCH for choosing to read this book! I just started the journey of Damien and his very prince-y nightmare, and I hope you guys would follow him and I on this journey!! If you have not check it out yet, do check out my previous book, That Day We Met which is still ongoing :) Looking forward to have more updates with you guys, and see you in the 1ST CHAPTER <33

GET EARLY UPDATES AND SNEAK PEEKS ON MY IG ACC, LINK IN PROFILE :) 

Last but not least, pls give your comments and feedbacks, much appreciated!!! Love y'alls <3