Chapter 1- Who's she?

[Damien's PoV]

I'm ready... yes I'm ready. I took a step forward and cleared my throat. Yeah shit, I'm not. I sucked in my breath and began speaking, "Hello and welcome to the annual special event, The Mask Ball. Today's event is specially held by me as I slowly take over my fathers' duties. I shall keep this simple, so ENJOY THE NIGHT! Let's have some FUN!!" I stepped down and turned to my father who was standing behind me. "How-" Before I could ask him, he patted me on the shoulder and told me, "You take the first dance. Lead the people. Your people."

The lights went off and the music went into a slow beat. I made my way to the center of the ballroom, all spotlights and eyes were on me. It was then I spotted a girl, with a silver mask covering part of her face. Something in me tugged, and I walked towards her. I put my hand out and the words just came out smoother than I had thought.

"May I have a dance?"

She nodded slightly and gently placed her palm on mine. We intertwined fingers as I led her to the center of the ballroom. Placing one hand on her shoulder and the other on her waist, I wanted to start leading the dance. But, instead she was one step ahead of me and she started leading the dance. "Hey, you're good at dancing. Taking the initiative I see... What's your name?" I tried posing questions for her. "None of your business, focus." She replied with a lethal, calmness and I was unable to say anything for the rest of the dance.

This girl... who is she...?

The eyes that could not be kept off us, finally broke away and they began dancing too. As the music got to an end, I stepped back and bowed and so did she. Oh so she does understand what manners are. After that, she immediately turned and walked away towards the drinks section. With nothing else at hand, I followed after her. "Hey! None of your business, focus!" I whispered over as loudly as I could. She just ignored me and continued getting herself a drink.

"Where are your manners, girl? Didn't your parents teach them?" I tried catching my breath and asked her casually.

Silence.

I looked at her and I could see something within her snap. She splashed the cup of wine at me and slammed it back onto the table, causing the glass to shatter. "Asshole." She sneered at me before walking off in the other direction, towards the exit. And I swear, I could've seen tears in her eyes.

Too stunned to move, I stood there while all eyes were stuck on me. Everyone was taken aback by what she did, but I knew that it wasn't her fault. It was something I said that caused this and I could not admit that. They all gave her dirty looks of disrespect, but I could not do anything.

For the rest of the event, I was at the rest area, just sitting there. Thinking. Pondering. Hard.

What exactly did I say to make her so pissed, she did that in front of everybody and even knowing my status.

[Zyra's PoV]

"Where are you manners, girl? Didn't your parents teach them?" Those word he said snapped something in me. Knowing the serious consequences that might come after my actions, I didn't care. I raised my glass ad splashed the freshly poured wine onto him and slammed the glass on the table. Unintentionally too hard and it shattered like how something in me did too, after I heard those words. I sneered at him, before turning for the exit, "Asshole."

As I stomped out of the ballroom, I picked up my phone to call my friend to pick me up. I used my hands to wipe my tears away before speaking. "I'm done here. Are you able to pick me up now?" "Yes, I'm coming right over. Give me 10 minutes." He replied immediately.

I waited by the entrance and soon after he was here. I got into his car and he drove off.

"What happened? I could tell that you cried just now in the call. It's alright, you don't have to tell me." He placed one hand on mine and squeezed, checking what happened. "He mentioned about my parents." I could not help but break down in tears again. "I'm here, It's ok. Whoever the he was, he didn't know about it. I'll send you home to rest early." He squeezed my hand again ad reassurance and soon after I fell asleep in his car.

"Zyra, we're here. Wake up." He gently tapped my shoulder to alert me that we have reached my house. "Have an early rest, and don't dull on the earlier events either. Goodnight..." He waved to me as I got of his car and he drove off.

After taking a long shower, I dried my hair using the hair dryer before plopping myself on the bed. Looking out at the windows, I admired the stars that shone brightly tonight and fell into a deep sleep under their watch.

[Damien's PoV]

After taking a bath, I ate my pills before sitting by the sofa at the balcony. Looking at the stars that shone brightly in the sky tonight.

Under the same sky, is she watching the same stars as me? Wait no, she can't see them. How are you? I'm sorry for not being there the past years. I promise after my father passes most of his duties to me, I'll find you, protect you.

And maybe even rewrite the stars with you as I had promised.

[A/N] Sorry for the short chapter this week -_-^ I didn't have enough motivation to write, see you in the next chapter!! Thank You <33