Chapter 27

Nash'POV

My father had mentioned that he wanted to see me early in the morning,so l just woke up and headed straight to his chambers without even bothering to take a shower,l arrived in his room and saw him already up

"Good morning father"

"Morning son"

"How was your night?"

"I couldn't find sleep"

"What is the problem,are you getting sick again"

"Not really son,sit down"

I sat down and he instructed the maid to bring him tea,if there is anything my father loved here on earth was tea.l sat there waiting for him to tell me what was so important that he couldn't wait till breakfast time.The maid later came in with the tea but this one was different from the one the King had sent,maybe that one got caught up in something.The maid placed the tea on the table and l helped my father save the tea.

I poured the tea in the cup and dad took the spoon and placed sugar in his tea,he stirred the tea and brought out the spoon that's when l noticed the change in spoon color

"Your spoon"

"What about it?"

"Look"

"It turned black".

"Someone tried to poison me".

"But who could that be?"

"We have to find out"

"How though dad"

"We make the person believe l am dead"

"Do you understand what you are saying right now"

"Yes son"

"We declare my death and then you go to your son"

"My son?"

"Yes you have a child with Alana,he is in a critical condition right now and needs blood"

"I do not understand"

"You will son,now l will ask the doctor to come and take your blood for the donation and then you prepare for my funeral,l figured the same person who wants me dead knows l was going to give you this information about your child and doesn't want you to know,so you will just send your blood because if you go in person you might get killed"

"Yes father"

"Now go out there and declare my death to the Royal family."

I couldn't believe l was going to do this,lie to the whole Royal family,the whole kingdom including the Queen my mother,but it was for the best my father's life was at stake and that of my son.l invited my father's most trusted guard and doctor inside the room,asked them to help my father flee the kingdom,l also donated my blood,the king was to go with it.

When l had made sure that my father had fled,l locked the room and went to start the show.

"Mother"

"Good morning son".

"Father has been poisoned"

"What!!!!"

"I need you to find out who prepared his morning tea"

"Where is he,l want to see him"

"Unfortunately,you cannot"

"How do you mean l can not,l am his wife"

"Because he is dead"

"What!!!,it cannot be"

"And you know tradition,you are forbidden to see the King's body as there will be rituals performed before his burial"

"I understand son,she started crying"

I stood up from the dining table and went on to hug her

"He didn't say goodbye,l didn't get to tell him l loved him for the last time"

"I am sorry mom,l am sure he loved you also"

"I will avenge his death"

"Then let's get to work"

I went back to seat by my chair and continued eating,Joyce was there just silent l didn't know what she must be thing

"Princess Joyce".

"My Prince"

"I think you have to help also look for the killer in this palace".

"Very well my prince"

"Great"

"So does this mean that l will not be going to the hospital"

"No,you have to act normal the public should not know about this development.

"Very well,then l better get Alana and Nelia back home from their girls trip"

"That won't be necessary"

"Why"

"Because l don't want to make them panic,l will talk to them nicely when they come"

"Noted"

"Good"

I stood up from the dining table and went straight to my room,asked my guard to bring me the girl who brought the tea in the room.Everything just happened fast,one minute my father tells me he has something important to tell me,the other we find out someone tried to poison him,the next l am told l have a son.If Alana was the girl l met that night two years back,why didn't she confirm it when l asked her that night,l even felt stupid and guilty for seeing her like another girl,if l knew she was the one that day,l wouldn't have let her go.I cannot believe shr raised our child in secret for all these years,l had a lot of unanswered questions which only she could provide the answers to.
Just when l was in the midst of imagining how my child with Alana looked like,the door was opened and the small girl who had came with the tea earlier came in

"My prince".

"Did you make the tea in the morning".

"No my prince".

"Then if you didn't who did?".

"I don't know my prince"

"You wanna make me look stupid"

"Then who made the tea"

"I don't know my prince"

She was really testing my temper

"Consider you and your poor family dead if l don't get the answers l want right now"

"I was given the tray my prince".

"By who??"

She remained quiet,l could see her starting to sweat

"I said who gave you the tray".

"my prince,its....