Episode 7

The rest of the day went by normally. I didn't feel someone staring at me as often, only a few times during the rest of the day. But each time I did, I chose to ignore it. By now, I was pretty certain that it was Bo.

I sat down next to Harper on the bus once more. But this time, she didn't look around. She still looked pale and nervous though.

"Do you still have the flashdrive?" She asked. I pulled it out of my pocket and held it up for her to see.

"Yup!" I replied cheerfully.

"Did you view it yet?" She tensed.

"No, not yet." She looked relieved and even relaxed.

"Okay. That's...good. Don't ever bring it to school unless you're giving it back to me." She said so sternly, that it surprised me.

"O-okay. But calm down. The way you're talking is making me worried."

"You should be worried. Promise me something though."

"Okay...?"

"Promise me that if you do get invited to an initiation party as their 'special guest', say no. Deny it. Make up every excuse possible to get out of it. Do anything, just don't go." She spoke hastily, while searching her surroundings.

The bus slowed to a stop and as it did, she seemed to lock eyes with someone behind me. Her face turned sheet white and sweat beaded her forehead, her eyes wide in fear. I turned around to see what she was looking at, but nothing was there. The seat next to me was empty.

Yet when I turned back to her, she still had an expression of pure terror written on her face.

༻✦༺  ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺

There it was again. Right behind him. Harper's vision tunneled. As she could focus on what IT. That thing in the seat next to Mason. It's 'face' spread with a cruel, cold grin. Hundreds of rotting teeth seemed to take up almost half of its face. Whatever it was, it wasn't happy.

Or even human.

Then it was reaching. Reaching toward Mason. Ready to take him. Harper blinked hard, rubbing her eyes. She slowly opened her eyes to see...nothing. There was nothing behind Mason. Just a normal empty seat.

Mason waved his hands in front of her face, hoping to get her attention.

"Hey! Are you okay? You spaced out there for a second." Mason said, clearly agitated. Her vision came back into focus again.

The bus was still at a stop. Someone was still getting off of the bus. Without thinking, she jumped up and sprinted toward the front of the bus.

Maybe if I run, it won't follow me this time.

Harper thought to herself. She had only seen it twice before. Once before Phoebe went missing, and once in her bedroom. This was her third time.

༻✦༺  ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺

You are ruining everything.

A voice spoke in Harper's head. She spun around, searching for the owner of the voice, yet no one was there. All she was doing was trying to clean her bedroom."

"Hello? Who's there?" Harper asked nervously. Yet she saw no one.

I said, you are ruining everything.
She spun around again and faced her bathroom. The door was cracked open, about two inches. But she could see something. Something shifting in the darkness. The door swung open so hard that the handle put a hole in the wall. A loud bang echoed throughout the house.

Harper squeaked in fear. She wanted to run, but the presence in her bathroom had her paralyzed in sheer terror. She stared straight ahead, directly at something she could barely see.

Why are you trying to warn them. You are ruining everything.

It stepped forward. The closer it got, the faster her heart raced.

I must feed. WE must feed. Until we can become whole and strong once more. But you are ruining it.

Harper trembled. She couldn't speak, she could hardly breathe, she couldn't move, and worst of all, she couldn't look away. It took another step, and then another.

This is YOUR warning now. Stop, or you'll be our next meal.

She stared into its hollow face, as it slunk back into the darkness of the bathroom. The door slammed shut. Harper collapsed to the floor, sobbing. She couldn't even stand up and run.

A/N: Ah yes. Two updates in one day :)

So proud of myself. I've improved my writing so much in the past couple of years.

If only my friends can see me now.😼

Also, I will be making more tiktoks and updating more because right now, I'm on a roleee! :D

Word count: 766

September 7, 2020

-Peach👽🛸