Episode 5

There was that feeling. The feeling of a pair of eyes staring at me intently. I glanced over at Bo across the room. He was facing toward the teacher, Mr. Stanley, who was lecturing about World War II.

It was only second period, but I've been feeling the eyes all day, or at least since I met Bo. I looked back down at my notes and continued writing what was on the board. Not even a minute later, the same feeling came over me.

I glanced to the right without moving my head and I could vaguely see Bo looking in my direction. I turned my head fully but by the time my eyes landed on him again, he had already turned away.

I chuckled to myself as I continued taking notes. And for the rest of class, the feeling was gone.

༻✦༺  ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺

Bo had to force himself not to look over at Mason. The entire class period, he stared straight ahead. He could feel the presence of every person in the room.

Why? Why me?

Bo thought to himself. Something about Mason intrigued him. He's been staring at him all day, trying to figure out why and how, but so far, nothing. Every time he would look at Mason calmly taking notes, everything would feel warm. Then Mason would turn to face him, forcing him to look away. When he turned away, the feeling would disappear.

So once again, he would look back towards Mason and the cycle would continue.

Just the thought of Mason made him feel tingly. And yet he had no idea why. (It's called love, honey)

But he still had yet to decide. Will he help host the initiation, or will he just stay home. The only expression he has seen from Mason was happiness and joy. Yet he was still curious to know what he would look like when he was scared, sad or even angry.

And his curiosity seemed to get the best of him. (Curiosity killed the cat ya know...)

༻✦༺  ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺

"I'll do it."

"Yes!" Charlotte cheered.

"It's kind of sad though. He seems really nice. I don't really want to scare him." Toby frowned.

"But it's tradition! And besides, if he doesn't like us after that, then there are plenty of other people in school he can be friends with. In fact, I thought I saw him talking to Harper Paige." Charlotte shrugged.

"Harper? Really?" Bo grimaced.

"Yeah, she's kind of weird. I think she might be on drugs because she looks super paranoid all the time. She's always looking around as if someone is watching her or something." Toby shuddered.

"Eh. I talked to her a couple of times in middle school once. She's not all that bad. She's just more observant than most people. She notices things most people don't see right away. And she's also shy and timid too." Charlotte pulled out her 3DS and started playing The Legend Of Zelda.

They sat in silence eating our lunch. Other students buzzed with activity around the group, no one bothering to pay them any attention. It was a few minutes before anyone spoke again, the only noise from the table was from Charlotte's video game.

"Bye the way," Toby smirked. "What was going on with you earlier? You know, when you met Mason." Charlotte paused her game and grinned. Bo glared at both of them.

"I already told you, I felt sick."

"Sick wasn't the only thing you felt..." Charlotte mumbled under her breath before un-pausing her game. Toby snorted.

"What was that?" Bo stood up. It was pretty obvious that he had heard what Charlotte said, yet he had asked anyways. Charlotte looked up.

"Nothing." She kept from bursting out laughing.

"Yeah sure.' Bo grumbled and sat back down. They all went back to eating their food, none of them bothering to say anything.

"Do you guys mind if I sit here?" A familiar voice said next to the group. All three of them looked up to see Mason standing next to the table. They had almost forgotten about him, despite earlier conversations.

"Sure!" Charlotte said enthusiastically. And so he plopped down right next to Bo.

A/N: OMG YES THERE IS TEA AMONGST US.

Still at 0 views. I literally don't care tho. It's still fun to write. Next chapter coming soon ;)

September 5, 2020

Word Count: 729

-Peach👽🛸