Insomnia

Alex wakes up from another sleepless night in her dorm room.

Realizing she will have to be in class in about an hour, she stays under the covers just a few moments longer before she gets up and heads to the bathroom, passing by her sleeping roommate on the way.

Alex takes a quick shower before getting dressed and ready for the day. She fights back a yawn as she grabs her laptop and back pack before heading out of class. Her roommate Kelley, still snoring in the background.

Before going to class, Alex makes a pit stop at Tobin's room. Knocking on the door and then putting her hand on her mouth to yawn, Alex is greeted by a sleepy faced Tobin with a droopy smile on her face.

"You coming?" The forward asked.

"Yeah just let me put on some shoes." Tobin chuckled.

———————————————————

As Alex got out of her last class for the day, her feet automatically took her to Tobin's dorm room. Not bothering with knocking, (Alex knew Tobin wouldn't be there, but it's not like she knows her schedule or anything) the younger girl plopped on the midfielder's bed, hugging her pillow and smelling Tobin on it.

Now it's not like finding a sleeping Alex on her bed was something new for Tobin, but it made her heart swell just the same.

——————————————————

The next day Alex tried not to let Kelley's endless stories get the best of her but knowing the Stanford transfer, Alex knew she wouldn't be stopping soon, so Alex concluded a little white lie about having to meet Tobin in a few minutes wouldn't hurt anyone.

This time Alex did knock on the older girl's door, but only out of respect for her roommate. (which turns out wasn't even there, so Alex knocked for nothing)

Tobin opened the door with a surprised but happy expression nonetheless.

"Hey al, what's up?"

Alex's response was a hug and a smile Tobin couldn't see, followed by an "I miss you."

Tobin didn't waste time in wrapping her hands around the blue eyed's waist and pulling her in her room.

After the long embrace Alex still wasn't satisfied with, Tobin pulled back with a grin on her lips. Alex matched Tobin's expression before the older girl responded with

"I missed you too."

Alex slept well that night.

——————————————————

As Alex woke up she felt safe arms around her. Tobin. She smiled half asleep and turned around to face the older girl, putting her nose in the crook of her neck and taking a deep breath in.

"Good morning to you too." The older brunette chuckled.

"Sorry, I didn't think you'd be awake so soon." As Alex started to pull away, the strong arms around her didn't budge. And If Alex had to bet on it, she'd definitely bet that the arms around her tightened.

It being a Friday the girls didn't have class until later in the afternoon so maybe, just maybe they spent the entire morning in each other's arms. Maybe.

And maybe Tobin liked it.

A lot.

Definitely maybe.