Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I spend the day helping the other women around the camp. Once things are done, Kahl is still out hunting and I decide to go to the river to bathe. I move to the river and disrobe. I have my back to the bank, enjoying how refreshing the water feels, cleansing my body and my mind when I hear someone behind me. I turn to look and see that it is my Kahl. "My apologies sire." I say as I head to the bank to grab my clothes when I hear his voice. "Stay. The river is large enough for both of us." he tells me and I nod, dropping myself farther into the water, not looking at him as he starts to disrobe and walk into the water. "Do you desire my services sire?" I ask. "Help me bathe." he tells me. I move over to him and use my soap to begin to wash his back as he enjoys the cool water. When I move to wash his chest, he grabs my hand. "How long have you been my handmade?" he asks. "Ten and two moons sire." I say. "You are loyal to me." he tells me. "I am sire." I say. "Why?" he asks. "You treat me well. Provide me with shelter and food." I tell him and we finish our baths in silence.

We walk back to the camp together, me walking behind him with my head down. Walking into his tent, I prepare him for bed. I get his bed ready and when he lays down, I head for the door. "Erinn, stay with me." he commands. "Yes sire." I say. I move to my corner to get my fur blanket ready and he is watching me. I don't look at him but simply lay with my back to him. I hear his soft snores and feel the tears start to fall.

Morning comes and I am awake before my Kahl and start to prepare his food. Once it is prepared, I move about camp for a bit, looking around when another handmade speaks. "So you bed our Kahl now?" She asks. "No I do not." I say as I lower my head and walk away.

I walk down to the river and sit. Making my decision, I decide my time with the Kahl should end. At night I will leave. I wipe the tears that have fallen before heading back to camp to pack up. Just like the day before, Kahl motions me forward and I do as I am told.

Making camp that night, I get the Kahl bedded down and once he is sleeping, I quietly pack my things and slip out of the tent. I make it to the edge of camp and our blood rider Kavarro sees me. "Erinn, do you leave?" He asks. I stop but don't look at him. "My time here has to end. Please take care of him." I say and he asks. "You love Kahl?" I simply nod before walking away with tears in my eyes.

I walk for a couple of hours before bedding down under a tree for a bit and begin to sob as I drift off to sleep.