Chapter 1: A Hopeful Conversation

2826/08/01 Cam_Mt.Teros_Fac_S-03_17 12:00:14

"All testers please proceed to the cafeteria immediately, lunch is about to be served." A voice said over the intercom.

Multiple hallways, with many crevices on the walls covered in glass, where a light blue liquid known as imperium wa being transferred throughout the facility.

A tall white room with 5 circular blue tables gathered around the center, each built to seat 16 people.

On one side of the room, a long gray metal shelf, slightly above waist height, was attached to the wall.

If you looked closely there was a seam between the upper wall and shelf.

The entrances and exits of the walls were guarded by people in white body armor, holding shiny gray metal imperium-powered pulse rifles.

Eventually, people in gray suits outlined in dark blue started going into the room. Many of them were slightly thin, and had some white hair strands. On each of their necks were a small circular device with one white light on it.

Of the crowd were a 13-year-old girl with light blue eyes and black hair, tied behind her in a pony tail and a thin 14-year-old boy, with brown hair swept to the side, he had a mischievous but saddened look.

After the people grabbed their lunch they took their seat on their designated tables.

Once they were seated the boy said to the girl. "Ava, I need to talk to you for a second."

"What Mason?" Ava said in reply.

"I found a- Wait first I need to-." Mason reached over to the device on Ava's neck and disabled it and the white light died.

"How did you-?"

"You forget where I work. I've made these before." He said.

Of course Ava thought. Each tester here was put in a specific manufacturing department, but there was no way to identify them. Her friend Mason was the only one that she trusted so far, and he worked in technology.

"But we gotta make this quick, they'll notice it's offline soon." He said

"Okay, so what did you want to talk about?" Ava asked.

Mason looked at all the other people on their table, but they seemed like they were focused on their lunch. One of them glanced at him and Ava but immediately looked away.

"I've been studying the blueprints in my area and I think I have an escape route." He whispered.

{CLIP END}

2826/08/01 Cam_Mt.Teros_Fac_S-03_17 12:05:56

"Are you crazy?" She said.

"It beats staying here." He said in reply.

"If we fail we'll die. Here we're so expendable they wouldn't hesitate to kill us."

"I know, but don't you want to escape?" He asked.

"Yeah." She said. "But still..."

"Come on Ava."

"I'll think about it, okay? But if we die I'm going to kill you."

"Fair enough."

{CLIP END}