Prologue

2817/07/21 Cam_#509831_Video 19:47:23

As night falls, the lights are on in Noah Anderson's apartment. Faint keyboard presses can be heard.

"Daddy?" A girl's voice said from the hallway.

Noah looks away from the monitor to see her 6-year-old daughter with her unique light blue eyes in the hallway.

"What is it?" Noah asks her.

"Oh, nothing... I just wanted to check on you." She says, trying to hide the disappointment in her voice. "Are you busy?"

"No, it's okay." Noah says as he saves and closes his project. "I'm almost finished with it anyways. What did you want?"

"Mommy said for me to check on you, because she thought you seemed stressed." She said. "What's wrong?"

"No, nothing's wrong, just have a lot of work to do tonight." He says gesturing toward his computer. "Maybe a hug could make me feel better?"

"Yeah!" She says excitedly, running towards her father. When she got close she tripped and fell.

"Woah!" Noah says, catching her and lifting her into the air, spinning her around as she giggled happily.

As he stopped, her daughter looked in awe at his computer screen, which had a wallpaper of a beach at sunset.

"What is that place?" She asked her dad.

"That's the beach." He answered.

"Woah. The beach is beautiful" She said. "Promise to me you'll take me there one day, okay?"

"You know you can just use the holographic projector in your room." He said.

"But I wanna see it in person."

"Okay, okay. I promise."

A woman's voice calls from down the hall. "Ava? It's almost bedtime now."

"You hear that sweetie." He said as he put Ava down. "You should go now, Mommy's waiting for you"

"Love you Daddy."

"Love you too."

"Bye." She says, then she walks down the hall.