Chapter 10: A Familiar Place

2826/08/02 ???_???_The-Dark_???_??? 8:57:34

Ava and Mason walked down the concrete halls, and it wasn't long before they found the room Ava was talking about.

In front of them, a warm light seeped through a half-open wooden door. The place felt welcoming enough, but it stood out from the rest of the perilous maze they were in, which was unusual.

"What is this?" Mason asked.

"Not sure." Ava answered, but she knew this was the place she felt. She walked towards the door, opened it, and found beautiful scenery behind it.

A small circular chamber like a garden. Lush grass covered the ground and a tree grew near the edge of the room. The place felt good, and just standing near it Ava felt like she was being healed, her energy being replenished. It stood in stark contrast to the dangerous, dark concrete maze they were in. It was like the whole place was fighting back against the empty void surrounding it, daring to consume it and leave nothing left.

A rough stone cylinder stood in the center of the room, a bright logo emblazoned on it, like a spark or a star, blazing brightly.

The logo felt familiar to Ava, though she had never seen it before. She felt a connection to it like she should know what it is.

Mason stepped into the room, surprised by his surroundings, but his surprise was quickly replaced by thought and a little worry. He'd looked like that ever since they escaped the wall of darkness, and she summoned light. Ava was starting to worry.

"Mason, what's wrong?" Ava asked him.

"What? What do you mean?" Mason said, caught off guard by the question.

"What do I mean?" Ava said. "Ever since we got away from that dark monster, you've had this look on you like you're thinking about something. Is something bothering you?"

"No, it's ok, don't worry," Mason answered. "Come, we should get some rest. After what you did back there with the light and all that, you must be exhausted."

Mason wasn't wrong, she was tired, but she was worried about Mason.

"No-" Ava said.

Mason interrupted her. "Really it's nothing, I'm fine."

Ava sighed. "Okay..."

She sat down, the lush grass was soft, and she really needed to rest. She slowly fell asleep, but subconscious thoughts and questions lingered in her mind. What's wrong with Mason? It doesn't seem like nothing that's bothering him. But she gave in to her exhaustion and fell asleep.

{CLIP END}

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please tell me in the comments what I can improve on, and point out any mistakes in grammar so that I can fix them.

I hope you were able to immerse yourself in reading my story, like I'm able to when I read other stories that I love, if you did click the star on the bottom to help me out.

Though I'm not on the same level as the authors I love reading from, I enjoy writing these stories and I hope it will be enough for you to enjoy too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------