4.

HOUDINI

"Corey!" I run to one of my bestest friends when I see him in the Hufflepuff common room, landing both of us on the floor.

"Lovely to see you too, Dini," Corey cooes, standing up, offering me a hand. I gladly took it and examined his outfit. He looked dressed, and boy did he look good.

"Why are you so dressed up? Are you going anywhere?" I ask

"Houdini Willows! Why aren't you dressed up?!" Both Corey and I snap our heads to where the ever so familiar voice was coming from, and of course, of course it was Maya Hart.

"Uhm, did we have plans today?" I scratch the back of my head forgetfully as Maya rolls her eyes.

"Yes silly! It's the weekends and we are going to Hogsmeade!"

"Oh, Alright! I'm going to get ready as fast as I can! I'm sorry!" I apologetically smile at them.

"It's alright sweetheart, Corey and I will be waiting here in the common room."

I run back to my room as fast as I could, hopped in the shower and got dressed. I wore a cute little sundress and slipped my shoes on. I take a swift look in the mirror and didn't bother overthinking my choice of clothes, it's not like I was gonna meet the love of my life today anyway!

I head back to the common room to see Maya and Corey play rock paper scissors, making me laugh at how much of a sore loser Maya was.

"That's no fair! You definitely cheated!" she exclaims to Corey, who stuck his tongue out jokingly.

"Maya, it's okay! I promise I'll lose to you if we play." I butt in, making Corey laugh and Maya smile.

"Not possible, I would always sacrifice losing for you, Dini." Maya replies wholeheartedly, making me smile back at her.

Maya has to be one of the most complex people I've ever known. If I hadn't known her well, I would have thought she was everything but Hufflepuff, she is adventurous and smart and ambitious, but most importantly, she was loyal and terribly kindhearted. And I loved her for that.

Corey on the other hand, is the one who keeps our friend group balanced. Maya was the adventurous one, I was the dumb one, and Corey was the one who kept us on our feet. Whether he likes to admit it or not, he's quite protective of me and Maya. He likes to put us first, even if it didn't benefit him the slightest. And so, Maya and I know we can depend on him, even with the stupidest things. Especially the stupidest things.

"Let's go?" Maya asks, making me snap out of my thoughts.

"Right behind you, Maya."

-

We've found ourselves wandering around Zonko's and Honeydukes, which, almost took most of my money. I didn't regret it though, seeming as if both Corey and Maya loved the candy I had shared with them.

To be completely honest, I wasn't one to spend my weekends in Hogsmeade, I mostly stayed in my bed, or the common rooms playing muggle board games with Maya and Corey, who always fight everytime. And when we do get to go out, I usually just tag along the two of them and go wherever they wanted to go.

"Dini," Corey says, taking my hand and intertwining it with his protectively, "You might get lost, seriously."

I look at Corey, and then our intertwined hands. "Sorry, I didn't know I was spacing out." I apologize, making him smile.

"You always do Dini."

We found ourselves seated in a booth at Three Broomsticks, which, was my first time actually going there. Corey and Maya have been there multiple times and know their way around the place, so I let them take the lead and order my drink for me.