I

A boy laid in bed. His body was frail, and his eyes had a look of weariness. Family members stood around him, looking in mutual sadness.

"I wish..." he started. "I wish I could've lived longer..."

Everyone lowered their heads as the boy's mother held his hand with hers. His face showed a smile as his eyes closed slowly. The heart monitor then let out a loud beep as it showed his heartbeat had ceased.

"(Y/N)!" his mother shouted.

═ ═ ═ ═ ═

"And I wish I could've finished those shows I was watching..."

Eyes had opened in the darkness, showing their black pupils. Somehow, the dark had disappeared. Now, it was a wooden room.

"(Y/N)! Get up! It's morning!" a woman shouted from outside the room.

"Alive...?"

"(Y/N)! I said, get up!" The woman suddenly barged in. "Why are— (Y/N)? What's wrong?"

(Y/N) looked at the woman with wide eyes. "M-Mom?"

"Are you okay? Did you have a nightmare?"

"I-I guess... I'll get off now." (Y/N) shakily stood.

"Come. I made you some pancakes."

"I should be dead... How could this happen?"

He followed his mother downstairs, where a plate of hot pancakes waited on the table. The strawberry syrup on top had started dripping while the small chunk of butter was slowly melting. (Y/N) gulped when he saw this. He took a seat and grabbed the fork next to the plate.

"Thanks for the food," he mumbled before digging in.

"Looks like you're enjoying it!" his mother told him.

(Y/N) had tears flowing out of his eyes as he ate.

"(Y/N)? Why are you crying?"

(Y/N) wiped the tears away and shook his head. "It was just... Just some dust in my eye..."

After breakfast, he found the mirror and looked at himself. His hair was all over the place, and his pajamas had wrinkles everywhere. He went outside and covered his eyes from the bright sun. His vision adapted to the light, and he was surprised.

"Where the hell am I?" he asked himself.

He saw numerous tall buildings while a few airships soared through the skies. One structure caught his eye, and it stood tall on top of a cliff.

(Y/N)'s mother called him. "(Y/N)! Aren't you going to get ready?"

(Y/N) looked at her. "Huh? Get ready?"

"You know, for Beacon Academy?"

"Beacon Academy? Beacon Academy!"

(Y/N) suddenly ran inside and readied himself. "Beacon? Why am I in the world of RWBY?" he thought.

He got dressed in what he thought looked like a 'Japanese school uniform.' He got out, and he saw his mother holding his luggage and a strange book.

"Don't forget your things. Say, why do you always bring your grandfather's book with you?" she said.

He grabbed the book and inspected it with his eyes and hands. "Isn't this... Asta's grimoire from Black Clover?" He looked at his mother. "It's nothing. Thanks, m-mom."