VI

"Yes! Yes, before the Faunus Rights Revolution, more popularly known as the Faunus War, humankind was quite, quite adamant about centralizing the Faunus population in Menagerie!"

Professor— *cough* Doctor Oobleck zoomed around the room while discussing his lesson. (Y/N) had trouble keeping up with his speed.

"Now! While this must feel like ancient history to many of you, it is imperative to remember that these are relatively recent events!" Oobleck paused to take a sip of his coffee. "Why the repercussions of the uprising can still be seen to this day!"

"Now! Have any among you been subjugated or discriminated against because of your Faunus heritage?"

A few students raised their hands, including the bunny Faunus from earlier.

"Dreadful! Simply dreadful!" Oobleck said. "Remember, students, it is precisely this kind of ignorance that breeds violence!"

"He sounds like a younger Rick from Rick and Morty." (Y/N) thought.

"I mean, I mean, I mean, just look at what happened to the White Fang! Now, which one of you young scholars can tell me what many theorists believe to be the turning point in the third year of the war?"

Weiss raised her hand.

"Yes?"

"The battle at Fort Castle!" Weiss answered.

"Precisely! And, who can tell me the advantage the Faunus had over General Lagune's forces?"

Cardin flicked a piece of folded paper on Jaune, who was sleeping the whole time.

"H-Hey!" said Jaune.

Oobleck zoomed in front of Jaune. "Mr. Arc! Finally, contributing to class! This is excellent! Excellent!" he leaned a bit closer. "What is the answer?"

Jaune had no idea, obviously. "Uhhh... The answer... The advantage... of the Faunus... had over that guy's stuff..." Jaune looked behind Oobleck to see Pyrrha gesturing the answer. "Um, B-Binoculars!"

The class started laughing while Pyrrha smacks her forehead while (Y/N) just sighed.

"Very funny, Mr. Arc. Cardin! Perhaps you would care to share your thoughts on the subject!" Oobleck told.

"Well, I know it's a lot easier to train an animal than a soldier," Cardin answered.

(Y/N) slammed one hand on the desk while raising the other. "I know the answer!"

Oobleck pointed at him. "Confidence! I like it! Now, Mr. (L/N), what is the answer?"

"Night vision! Many of the Faunus can see in the dark!" (Y/N) smirked. "General Lagune tried to ambush them in their sleep, but he and his army were defeated, and the general was captured because of their enemy's advantage."

(Y/N) looked at Cardin with the same smirk. "As to quote someone I know, 'Perhaps if he'd pay attention in class, he wouldn't be remembered as such a failure.'"

The students were surprised, and Cardin got mad. He stood up, looking at (Y/N) with a frown and a clenched fist.

"Mr. Winchester, please take your seat," Oobleck said.

Jaune snickered as Doctor Oobleck went in front of him.

"You and Mr. Arc can both see me after class for additional readings. Now, moving on!"

. . .

"Man, I feel bad for stealing Blake and Pyrrha's spotlight, but THAT felt good. The little son of a bitch got what he deserved!" (Y/N) thought, slapping his knee.