X

"Ruby, why did you call me here?" (Y/N) asked Ruby.

The two of them were in Ruby's dorm, with Ruby grabbing a few things before heading out to lunch.

"I need you to..." she grunted as she lifted a large packed binder on the desk. "help me carry this thing."

"Why, exactly?"

"This binder right here contains all of the fun activities my team can do to start the semester! I included you and Team JNPR on some of them too! I called you because you look muscly."

"Oh, shit. We're in the second volume. Which means... food fight..." (Y/N) awkwardly laughed. "Dunno about the 'muscly' comment, but sure, I'll help."

═ ═ ═ ═ ═

Ruby and (Y/N) entered the cafeteria, making their way to their friends' table. When they arrived, (Y/N) slammed the binder down on the table.

"*huff* You're up," said (Y/N).

Ruby stepped forward. "Ahem. Sisters! Friends! Weiss..."

"Hey!" said Weiss.

"Four scores and seven minutes ago, I had a dream..."

"This oughta be good," said Yang.

"A dream that one day, the four of us would come together as a team and have the most fun anyone has ever had, ever!"

"Did you steal my binder?" Weiss asked.

"I am not a crook," Ruby replied, making peace signs.

"What are you talking about?" Blake asked.

"I'm talking about kicking off the semester with a bang!"

"I always kick my semesters off with a 'Yang'!" Yang joked. "Eh? Guys? Am I right?"

No one laughed, and everyone was disappointed.

"Boooo!" Nora shouted, throwing an apple at Yang.

"Look guys, it's been a good two weeks, and between more exchange students arriving and the tournament at the end of the year. Our second semester is going to be great!" said Ruby. "But classes start back up tomorrow... This is why I've taken the time to schedule a series of wonderful activities for us today."

"I don't whether to be proud or scared of what you have in store," said Weiss.

"Oh, you should be scared." (Y/N) thought.

Yang growled before throwing a green apple at Nora.

"I don't know. I think I might sit this one out," said Blake.

"Sit out or not, I think however we spend this last day, we should do it as a team." Weiss stood up. "I for one think that—"

Nora threw a pie directed at Yang, but she hits Weiss instead. Nora then pointed at Ren, trying to pass the blame.

═ ═ ═ ═ ═

"Oh, boy," said (Y/N), watching as his team and Team RWBY was having a massive food fight. "I do not want to join that..." he mumbled.

The fight went on with (Y/N) just eating on a burrito, occasionally dodging stray food.

"Who would've thought food would be so... durable," he said before watching Blake get launched into the wall above him. He looked up. "I think I saw something I shouldn't have."

Ruby stared down at Team JNPR before dashing towards them.

"Oh, shit," said (Y/N), running behind a pillar.

Using her semblance, Ruby created a vortex of food and dining utensils headed for Team JNPR. Jaune and Ren tried running but was caught in it, with Nora and Pyrrha getting caught after. They all crashed into the wall, covered in bright colors from the food.

"I love these guys." said a newcomer to his friend, who was covered in purple.

(Y/N) looked at them. "Well, Sun and Neptune are here. Now, Ozpin and Glyn—"

He was cut off when an angry Glynda barged in with Ozpin following her. She proceeded to use her telekinesis to fix the entire mess hall.

"Damn, that's one hell of a semblance," said (Y/N).

"Children, please. Do not play with your food," said Glynda.

Team RWBY and Team JNPR looked at one another until Nora burped, making everyone look at her. Yang, who was launched out of the building earlier, fell down through the ceiling, crashing in front of Blake.

Glynda scowled when Ozpin patted her back.

"Let it go," said Ozpin.

Glynda sighed. "They're supposed to be the defenders of the world."

"And they will be. But right now, they are still children. So why not let them play the part?" Ozpin told her, walking away. "After all, it isn't a role they'll have forever."

═ ═ ═ ═ ═

(Y/N) stood on the rooftop of his dormitory building. He looked at the birds flying around and the students wandering below.

"Hm... I still haven't found the second sword. Man, if I have the Demon-Slayer sword, then the Demon-Dweller and Demon-Destroyer swords should be here in Remnant." he said.

"For now, maybe I'll work on the Black form."

(Y/N) summoned his greatsword from his grimoire and held it with both hands, taking a deep breath and closing his eyes.

"I haven't learned Ki, but come on, work with me. Sense the anti-magic energy."

A few moments passed, and (Y/N) felt something... Something wriggling inside his arms.

"This feels weird." he thought.

The sensation crept up to his head until he opened his eyes and saw he wasn't in Beacon anymore. He looked up and saw a pure black figure staring down at him.

"Yo... (Y/N) (L/N)..." the figure spoke.

"Ah, fuck." (Y/N) said.