02. Don't Be A Stranger

TWO DON'T BE A STRANGER

"This is the year, I can feel it," Heloise exclaimed as the two girls boarded the Hogwarts Express ahead of their sixth year at the WIzarding school. "Something amazing is gonna happen, like a great romance or something!"

"I think you've been watching too much Romeo and Juliet," Eurydice chided with a laugh as her and her best friend took their seats in anticipation of the train leaving. They were a little early, they always were since Heloise was such a freak about never wanting to be late for anything, but it kept Eurydice in check so she didn't mind it all that much.

"I just think Claire Danes is pretty!" Heloise exclaimed with a laugh as she laid back against the seat, "Where's your boy? He usually comes to say hi before going off with Ron and Hermione."

Eurydice laughed outwardly at that, "Oh, please! He's not my boy, he's hardly even spoken to me since we left for the summer holidays. I think I got one letter from him, that's it! I royally screwed up last year and now I've ruined one of the only two friendships I've got!"

"You freak out so much over nothing," Heloise scoffed, "Is a kiss really that big of a deal? We kiss all the time."

"It's different we're girls and you know I'm not interested," the girl teased as she moved to sit next to her best friend instead of across from her, leaning her head on the blonde's shoulder while the other began to play with her dark locks. "Besides, it wasn't even like a little peck or anything, it was a kiss. A great one at that, or at least, I thought. It made me feel so alive until he pulled the friends bullshit. I mean, I obviously respect the decision, but Jesus I didn't think it was going to be so hard."

"We need to stop talking about boys, we have better things to worry about than the likes of Potter," Heloise scoffed, "Have you heard anything about the new D.A.D.A professor? After Umbridge's disappearance, they haven't uttered a word about her replacement. I swear, we get a new professor for that blasted class every year. Ridiculous! Just a little bit of consistency is all I ask for!"

Eurydice scoffed, "You're ridiculous. We'll probably find out at dinner tonight. God, I missed the food, I can't wait to eat."

"You always say that and then you have one piece of bread and head up to the dormitory," Heloise shook her head, pushing the girl off of her playfully while the two chatted. There was a knock on the door of the train compartment and it slid open while Luna Lovegood stuck her head in. Eurydice didn't know the girl well and it was commonly known that she was, well... a little odd, but Eurydice never saw that as a reason to dislike someone. So, she didn't really have any problems with Luna.

"Quibbler?" the light-blonde-haired girl offered with a small smile as she held a stack of magazines. Eurydice nodded.

"Yes, please!" the dark-haired girl exclaimed as she stood up and grabbed one of the magazines, "How was your summer, Luna?"