= Crazy Stabber Apparently

"Today is going to be interesting."

Veronica shook her head. Alice said that sometimes, and while it seemed like she was actually talking about something, Veronica could never figure out what. All the days Alice insisted were going to be interesting looked all the same to her. "How so?"

"I don't know," Alice replied, sounding defensive. "It just is. Can't you feel it?"

Veronica just sighed. Alice said that sometimes too.

Jenna stared at the person who was previously Lydia. She knew, for absolute certain, that it couldn't be Lydia anymore. Not only were her eyes whited out, looking more like a blind's persons, but the way she moved and looked around and held herself were completely different. This was a whole new person. This was Carrie White.

Nothing happened for a few seconds, and even the sounds from around them, the rustling leaves, the chip of birds the chatter of animals; even the distant sound of traffic seemed to hold its breath. If Jenna didn't know better, she'd say the world was put on pause for a minute.

And then Lydia smiled, staring up into space almost proudly.

It was a smile that didn't belong on anyone's face, in Jenna's opinion. It was like it didn't quite fit there. Like it belonged on something worse than what any human was cable of.

"A good body," Lydia finally spoke. Her voice felt like it was dragging wet tissue through Jenna's ears and she shuddered. "No, a great body. The host is strong. This is a better connection than I've had in forever."

Finally, Lydia, or Carrie, or whatever looked away from the sky, and her horrible eyes landed on Jenna. Jenna found out there was a face that Lydia could wear worse than that creepy smile.

"You," Lydia hissed, scowling. The wet tissue in Jenna's ears suddenly grew red hot and Jenna yelped. "I know what you are."

Jenna didn't know what she was talking about. Jenna was a lot of things, but what exactly was she that deserved this much hatred?

Lydia stood up, and Carrie must have used some sort of magic because Lydia looked ten times scarier than she had seemed before. Jenna wasn't sure what it was. Perhaps the sharp murderous glint in her eyes.

Lydia raised a foot and stepped forward. Then another. And another still. Lydia was closing the space between them, slowly. Every step came closer and they made Jenna's stomach twist. She gulped.

Then, a sudden thought occurred to Jenna. It wiggled itself into her head, and Jenna was suddenly frozen.

'Why don't I run away?'

It was a good question, and so Jenna rolled over getting up quickly and sprinting into the woods. She ran faster than she probably ever has before, knocking aside every branch and leaping over every log. Before long, her lungs starting burning and her legs strained. But Jenna ignored every single one of those thoughts; the only thing that mattered was getting away from that thing and towards help.

Jenna tore out of the woods and onto the busy sidewalk, but she didn't stop to acknowledge the stares or the whispers. She was certain that whatever was in the woods didn't have any sort of limit, and it would be upon her soon enough. Jenna needed to get out of there, now.

Barely bothering to catch her breath, Jenna started running again. The sun was peeking up above the buildings. School was starting soon, Jenna realized. Good. That was good.

The sound of sneakers on pavement didn't grab Martha's attention, but the scream certainly did. Martha's head snapped up where the sidewalk she had been looking at to see Jenna running towards her. Martha grew nervous at the expression on Jenna's face.