Hanan

"Hala ang ganda naman ng painting na 'to!"

My gaze was diverted to the woman who is currently eyeing one of the exclusive painting here inside the museum.

I slowly walked towards here and tried to get her attention.

Good day ma'am, do you want to know the story behind that painting?" magalang kong saad ko.

I successfully caught her attention because she suddenly stared at me intently with an excited expression plastered on her face.

"Sure," she replied waiting for me to start the story telling.

Napangiti ako dahil doon at gumawi sa painting na nakasabit sa dingding ng museum na aking pinagtatrabahuan.

"The lady at the right side is Tala, the goddess of the evening and morning stars while the beautiful woman at the left side is Mayari, the goddess of the moon," panimula ko habang nakatingin ng taimtim sa painting.

Kumunot naman ang noo nito.

"Oh you mean the daughters of Bathala, the god of creation and everything?" singit nito sa aking pagkukuwento.

I smiled after I heard her question. I am happy that there are still people who knows the Philippine Mythology.

"Yes ma'am. Anyway, the tattoes that are placed at their back are the mark or in tagalog 'pagkakakilanlan' of their fields. But it's not the story of the painting," malungkot kong sambit.

"What do you mean?" she asked out of curiosity.

"The black space in between the two goddess is for the third daughter of Bathala-" she cut me off "-Huh? May pangatlong anak pa si Bathala, akala ko dalawa lang?" she asked me as she finish my sentence.

"Yes the thrd daughter's name was Hanan and she is the goddess of morning," I answered tryi ng not to stutter.

"Then why is it that she's not also included in the painting?"

"Because the painter believed that Hanan was forsaken abandon by Bathala or disowned as his daughter," ani ko na ramdam ang lungkot sa aking tinig.

Huminga ako ng malalim bago magpatuloy.

"No one knows why-" biglang sumigla ang aking mukha bago magpatuloy "-so that's all ma'am thank you for coming! You may proceed to the next stop," I cheefully said and guided her to the next painting.

Muli akong naglakad papunta sa painting na tinititigan niya kanina.

"I wish my father could still accept me for loving a mortal but he threw me here and abandoned me," kausap ko sa aking sarili.

Kung tinanggap niya ako baka sakaling wala na ang blankong parte ng painting na 'to at hindi ako nakalimutan ng mga tao.

~*~

ps: photo not mine CTTRO