Book 1: Water - Pt 3

Zara

"Uncle i want the repairs made as quickly as possible. I don't want to stay too long and risk losing his trail," Zuko said as we walked on the boardwalk.

"You mean the Avatar-"

"Don't mention his name on these docks. Once word gets out that he's alive, every fire bender will be out looking for him. And I don't want anyone getting in the way," Zuko said cutting off Father.

"Getting in the way of what, Prince Zuko?"

Are you joking. You must be. We all turned to see Zhao approaching us. He was a tall serious man with jet black hair and a receding hairline. His facial structure was sharp and his tone was was about the same.

"Captain Zhao," Zuko greeted.

I crossed my arms grumpily and awkwardly stepped behind Father. I truly do not like this man. He always gave me a very weird vibe and I've always caught him looking at me a lot.

"It's Commander now. And General Iroh; great hero of our nation," he replied bowing his head at Father.

"Retired General," father sighed nodding slightly at him in greeting.

"And... Princess Zara. Lovely to see you," he smirked at me.

I stood silent and Father cleared his throat. I uncrossed my arms and bowed my head at him.

"Retired Princess... Captain Zhao," I mumbled earning a smirk from him.

"As I said, it's Commander now," he replied raising an eyebrow at me.

"Don't recall you mentioning it. My apologies," I replied with a hint of sarcasm.

"Please forgive me for my daughter's behavior Commander. She's hardly slept," Father sighed turning at me to give me a warning look.

"It's quite alright General. The Fire Lord's Brother, son and niece are welcome guests anytime. What brings you to my harbor?" He asked.

"Our ship is being repaired," Father replied signaling to our boat.

Zhao looked up and his eyes widened slightly. "That's quite a bit of damage."

"Y-yes! You wouldn't believe what happened. Uncle, tell Commander Zhao what happened," Zuko said.

What an idiot.

"Yes, I will do that," father said with his eyes widening slightly. "It was incredible. What, did we crash or something?"

Father leaned into Zuko and Zuko quickly said, "Yes! Right into an earth kingdom ship."

Zhao raised a skeptical brow and said, "Really?"

"Really," I groaned.

"You must regale me with all the thrilling details. Join me for a drink?" He asked leaning closer to Zuko.

"Sorry, but we have to go," Zuko replied getting ready to walk away.