Gamera

Let's be honest. The Heisei Era for Gamera is Legendary. And just watching these movies again...... It made me feel hit pretty hard.

Especially when Gamera never had a true ending since Gamera 3 actually didn't make enough money to score a fourth film and ended up concluding the trilogy in just one cliffhanger. (Even though that one cliffhanger might be one of the greatest and influential for Kaiju movies)
And it's been 5 years since we had that short Gamera film, which wasn't really a movie and more of a conceptual reboot/celebration film for Gamera's 50th Anniversary.

So what's my point in all of this?.... Well, just one really.... What would happen if Gamera was finally brought back, but in the Monsterverse?

 What would happen if Gamera was finally brought back, but in the Monsterverse?

Think about it. As soon as Godzilla vs Kong is released, Legendary or Warner Bros would be required to give back the film rights of Godzilla to Toho (so they can start off their cinematic universe with him). And then what would happen from there? Just give the entire Monsterverse to Kong?

No, absolutely not. He's popular, but there's only so much you can do with a giant ape who isn't Caesar and is still around in the Monsterverse after KOTM because he didn't fall off a skyscraper this time.

No, instead it should be Gamera, which only became incredibly popular due to both the cheesy Showa movies that somehow became released more often for western audiences than even the Heisei and Showa Godzilla movies, and thanks to the incredible masterpiece, that is the Heisei Gamera era. (Mostly because of Gamera 3).

If he was put in the Monsterverse, he could have an entirely different personality and character arc compared to Godzilla and Kong, both of which were good guys but also not.

Godzilla is an ancient alpha predator whose main goal is to protect all life on Earth by keeping the natural order in balance, a guardian who can destroy humanity if they upset the balance but also protect them and the planet with his life if the real threat, were just other monsters. As proof, he never attacks humanity directly. He even has a symbiotic relationship with a monster who's possibly more benevolent and more devoted to guarding even the smallest and vulnerable of life forms in the world, who helped him defeat Ghidorah twice in several different situations. But even if he is a full fledged guardian, he is still a monster and can have some instincts that involve satisfying his own urge for survival. (Destroying random battleships for example). In overall, he will stay out of being involved with humanity and anything involved with them, being more neutral and keeping to that by only protecting the natural order such as fighting the MUTOs and Ghidorah, similar to the Titan Oceanus. (Who stayed neutral in the Titanomachy, neither on the Gods nor the Titans' side as long as the oceans were not threatened).

And Kong, a sympathetic giant ape whose entire family and race was wiped out by demonic parasitic lizards, has a strong hatred towards them and swore to protect the island he lives on, as well as all life that doesn't threaten the island and other inhabitants with his life. Like the other Kongs in previous King Kong movies, he still served as a King of Skull Island. And this time, he was never taken because he was the one who saved the operatives that made sure no one (at least not people outside of MONARCH), would come to the island. Because he's a guardian, not the entire planet, but only his home. The island in which housed the natives, other giant animals and so on. However, he has a fond of humanity since he's similar to them and can also find sympathy in the much smaller, hairless apes. Not all of them, but just those who aren't a threat and can be seen as beings part of the island that's worth saving. And just like the other King Kongs, it might be the humans who have slain the beast.

Gamera, however...... Could be both.
While he is a Guardian of the Earth and protector of the natural order, his role specifically can be more focused on humans, as they live everywhere on the planet and despite the possibility that he might ignite almost an entire city in flames if it meant killing more dangerous monsters that would cause more casualties than what he did, he might also become a monster sympathetic towards the humans, as they also have strong emotions and sentient intelligence, like him. Seeing life such as the humans, beings who are not giant monsters that seek food and destruction like most of his fellow Titans, use their intelligence and tools to survive in such a world while also keeping their independence from the Titans.... It makes him want to protect only the humans that are worth saving and not the corrupt ones who use his other Titans for power, or destroy their own kind that are not for instinctive purposes in survival. However, he will still act by his own purpose and will do what is necessary, should the day ever come for Gamera.... To destroy humanity and save the Earth.

If we can develop the same Heisei Gamera mentality with the Monsterverse, we can continue that version of Gamera's legacy and make him an even greater badass, thus becoming worthy of taking the mantle of the Main Monster for the Monsterverse instead of Kong. And plus, look at it this way.......

One day, we might even have a miracle such as this.

One way or another, I can only hope that it happens and Gamera's name will finally be recognized into the world of pop media