Don't go please, stay with me.

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

ALEX

I woke up from my sleep due to thirst, I checked the drawer near my bed for water but I didn't find one. I usually keep water beside me before going to bed but I guess yesterday was an exemption because of the little distraction I had. I couldn't stop thinking about Ruby to the extent I even dreamt of her.

I stood up from my bed and headed to door, I opened it and was about going downstairs when I heard a groan. I ignored it and continued going when I heard it again, someone was in pain and it's definitely not me, could it be Ruby?

I went to her door to eavesdrop then I heard it again, I tried opening the door but it was locked, I went back to my room to bring the spare key and opens her door. I quickly ran to her bed as I saw her rolling uncomfortably.

Is it a nightmare? Or I hope it's not what I'm thinking. To confirm, I placed my hand on her forehead. Gosh! She was burning with fever. It was all my fault, if I hadn't kissed her in the rain.

I ran to the kitchen to bring a bowl of water that I fetched from the sink and towel together with a bottle of water. I went back to the room, squeezed the towel that was already soaked with the cold water and placed it on her forehead to cool the hotness.

She needs cold reliever. I thanked my unconscious mind and went back to my room in search for any cold reliever drug that I might still have. I found one sachet in my drawer.

"Ruby, you have to take this so you can get better." I told her but she shook her head.

"C'mon, open your mouth." She did as I instructed and she took the drugs, I soaked the towel again, squeezed it and placed it back on her forehead, I patted her so she can sleep and let the drug do it's magic. Soon she was asleep, I took the bowl of water so I would return it back to the kitchen but I stopped when she held my shirt.

"Don't go please, stay with me." She murmured. I sighed and dropped the bowl far away from the bed and sat down beside her on the bed, I took her phone since I wasn't with mine and texted her mum. Then I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

RUBY

Oh my God! This is heaven. I snuggled closer to the soft yet firm pillow; it was so warm. I rubbed the pillow as I smiled.

"I didn't know you love my body so much." I heard a male voice say, could it be my bed or?

I opened my eyes and saw him on my bed. What is he doing here? I stood up from the bed immediately and glared at him feeling a little dazed and sick.

"What... a..are you doing h.. here?"I stuttered as I asked him instead he grinned.

"Do you remember ever saying ‘don't go please, stay with me’?" He teased grinning widely.

"I never said that," I scoffed. " Why would I? But I remember locking my door before going to bed. How did you enter? No why did you enter?" I asked slightly annoyed.

"You were sick at night, are you feeling better now?" He was concerned.

I placed my hand on my head, it was warm. No wonder I felt a little sick, he took care of me if not I would have worsened.

"Thank you Alex." He smiled then stood up from the bed, he was wearing an old t-shirt with a pajamas.

"You don't need to, it's my duty to care for my wife to be. I told your mom to get you a casual cloth for church and if you're very much okay, we could go on a date, what do you think?" He asked slightly nervous.

"It's a great idea."

He smiled, "Good, so after church service, a date it is. Your mom should be here any moment from now." He sauntered away from my room closing the door.

A date after church service with Alex. Today is a day I shall never forget.

*
*
*

ALEX

After service, I saw Ruby talking to some people smiling at them. I went to meet her and greeted the group of people who were with her, as soon as they saw me, they congratulated me because of our engagement. I turned to meet her as soon as they all left us.

"Hey!" I greeted her and she smiled. "You ready?"

"Always."

We went to the car park and I opened the door for her.

"Milady." I gestured bowing slightly as she entered.

"Such a gentle man." She cooed and I closed her door. I entered the car and buckled my seat belt, I bent forward to buckle hers placing a light kiss on her lips to which I was rewarded with a small slap on my back, I winked at her and she blushed profusely. I started the car and drove off.

I took her to the amusement park where we had a lot of fun, after that we went to the cinema to watch the latest merry men 2, we bought popcorn the biggest size and drinks so we could eat something while watching the movie, it was fun and the movie was so good. I took her to an ice cream parlour where we bought our favorite ice creams, chatting about random things while licking it. I got to see the cheerful side of her and I must admit, it was really cute making me fall deeply in love with her, by the time it was five, I  took her to the beach.

"What are we doing here?" She asked as I parked the car.

"What else except to have fun."

"But I didn't bring my swimming trunks, you didn't inform me we would be going to the beach." She whined.

"We can just buy swimming trunks at that shop over there." I pointed at the shop where they sell swimming trunks and other things. I bought swimming trunk for her and I bought a shorts for myself. The fun we had while playing with water and walking barefooted on the same was indescribable. It was heaven seeing Ruby laugh and cheerful without a care. Her happiness was my happiness and her pain would also be my pain because she'd been engraved in my hear since the beginning.

"Oh my God. It's already late!" She exclaimed.

"C'mon, it's just 7:10"

"I haven't gone home since yesterday you know." She reminded me.

"But your parents know you're with me safe and sound and besides we still have one more place to go before we call it a day." I said as we walked side by side to the car.

"Really? Wow! I don't think I've ever had a day that is so full of fun."

"From now on, there'd be days like this." I promised her.  I opened the car door and gave her clothes to her. "Go change in the ladies while I change here, or should I escort you?" I asked her.

"Don't worry, change here while I change there, I'd be back before you know it." She assured me and started going.

As she walked down to the rest room, I saw someone behind her, holding a big stick, I ran like a madman to save her but it was too late as I was now on the ground groaning in pain as blood gushed out of my head.

"Not too fast, Alex." I heard the familiar voice faintly but I couldn't make out the person only there was a big stick on the person's hand and my blood on it. I tried to stand up but I was too weak as the person hit me again and again. I faced towards the direction Ruby headed to and the last thing I saw were people gathering around someone, I heard sirens probably coming to save the person before I blacked out chanting the name Ruby in my heart.

_______________________________________

Please don't forget to press that little star button below before moving to the next chapter.

I love you all.