Get Ready

Finally, the day of the Provisional Licensing Exam came. Everyone was ready. They all knew the exam would be tough, but they all had confidence they would pass.

The bus came to a stop in front of the testing center. Vlad King stood in the front and explained how everything would go.

"Alright listen up! Every year the Hero Public Safety Commission makes sure to change up the exam. I don't know exactly what's going to happen, but do your best and make me proud!!"

"Yes sensei!"

After that, everyone made their way to the orientation.

"Too bad Class A can't be here!" Monoma said in a chiding tone.

"I guess they split us up to keep track of which class we're in?"

"Or maybe they don't want us helping each other." Kendo pointed out.

"Oh yeah. Maybe."

The students made their way to the assembly room where the test orientation was to take place. Once all the testers were there, a tall man came to the podium.

"Good morning, testers! I am Amachi Takesi from the Hero Public Safety Commission. Today you will all be tested and evaluated according to your current skill set, knowledge and potential of becoming a pro hero.  Due to the overpopulation of heroes, we are limiting our numbers this year for passing examinees. This year, there are over 1,500 students testing for provisional hero licenses, but only 100 students will continue onto the second half of this exam."

The students started getting uneasy after this statement. Only 100 out of 1,500 would pass.

"Now that you know what you're risking, let's move on to the first test. Each of you will have three targets and six balls. Put the targets on your body, but do not cover them up. No armpits or soles of the feet. If all three of your targets are hit, you will automatically fail the test and you will not receive your provisional license. The person to hit the third target gets credit and will move on to the second part of the exam. Only the first 100 students will move on. Now that that's been explained, we will begin passing out the balls and targets. Then you will have a few minutes to get situated after we open up."

"What do they mean 'open up'?" awase asked as he put his targets in place.

Suddenly, the walls of the building began to unfold. Outside was a huge stadium with different terrains for the testers to use.

"This is a little overkill don't you think?!" Rin asked, awe and panic mixed in his voice.

"I expect nothing but the best from the Hero Public Safety Commission!!" Monoma exclaimed.

"Alright guys. Cut out the small talk! It's almost time to start! We all need to stay together and watch each other's backs." Kendo said with seriousness. "Remember what Vlad King Sensei told us. We'll be targeted first. Be careful and take care of each other!"

"Got it!"

"Alright everyone. Find your spot and get ready for the buzzer! You have five minutes! Good luck to you all!" Takasi stepped away from the podium and made his way to the box office where he would be watching the scores.

The students dispersed to their desired spots in the stadium and waited for the buzzer.

Class B knew they were going to be targeted first. But they had to fight for their licenses. Only the first 100 would get them. They had to be ready for anything.

After a few minutes, a buzzer rang out across the stadium.

"Begin!"