Chapter Seventeen

Zya's P.O.V

It has been two weeks since the party and things have gone back to normal, well almost everything. The others now know I'm okay and they think Nico saved me from an accident.

Apart from Nico only Aiden knows about my lie and he didn't fail to add to my misery.

"I can't believe you said that" Aiden said laughing for what had to be a million times now. "It's not funny" I snapped but he continued laughing.

I groaned and hit him with a pillow "I hate you" I told him and laid down on his bed "No you don't" he stated and passed me the popcorn before browsing through Netflix for a movie.

"What do you want to watch?" he asked me, "I don't know" I said still thinking of my current problem. "You will be fine, now choose a movie or I'm taking my popcorn" he said in a serious tone but he had a smile on his face.

I rolled my eyes and chose airplane mode. After the movie Aiden had to attend to some work so I left.

"Why do you always zone out?" Aiden asked me with raised eyebrows "I don't always zone out" I argued "Sure you don't" he said sarcastically.

"You're mean" I pouted and he laughed throwing a chocolate bar at me "What's with you and throwing food at me?" I asked pretending to be annoyed.

He shrugged "That could be our thing" he said with a smile "Our thing?" I asked confused and he nodded, "Just like that movie The Fault In Our Stars" he stated like I'm supposed to understand what he meant.

"I still don't understand" I deadpanned "You're so dumb" he said shaking his head and I gasped "Would you just explain what you meant?" I asked.

He did a dramatic long sigh before explaining "Just like how that sick chick and that guy had a thing" he explained slowing like he was talking to a child and I finally understood what he meant.

"Oh, I understand now" I said with a victorious smile and he rolled his eyes. He was about to say something but his phone beeped, he checked it and frowned before excusing himself.

I was bored so I decided to ask Nico what has been on my mind.

I walked up to Nico's office and knocked and I heard his deep voice telling me to come in. I entered and I saw him sitting on a couch.

How can he look so good just by reading I thought.

Snap out of it, focus on why you came here Erin reminded me.

I snapped out of my trance and I decided to ask my questions "Is there anything I can help you with?" He asked and I almost forgot why I came here because of how intimidating he sounded.

"I have few questions to ask you" I stated going straight to the point, he raised his eyebrows and signalled for me to continue. "Why I'm I here?" I asked and he tensed up "I can't tell you yet" he said avoiding my eyes.

"But-" I started but he interrupted me "Can you please ask another question?" he requested and I decided to let that question slide. "I want to visit my friends" I said and he didn't say anything for about two minutes.

"That's sounds more like a demand than a question" he said

"Maybe it is, maybe it's not" I said shrugging. He smirked and stood up, he walked up to me in slow steps.

Like a predator stalking it's prey, he stood right in front of me and I moved back but he took a step forward.

I keep on moving back till my back hit his table and he smiled a devilish smile before dipping his head down and bringing his mouth to my ear.

"You can go" He whispered and went back to his sit like nothing happened.

Why do I feel disappointed? I asked myself.

"Just like that?" I asked, he raised his brows in confusion so I elaborated. "I thought you were going to refuse" I said and he stared at me sending chills down my spine.

"I'm serious. You can go" He returned to whatever he was doing not sparing me another glance and I frowned before leaving his office.

I got downstairs and saw Aiden. He seemed to be in a heated argument with someone over the phone.

"You're unbelievable" He said pacing around the living room. The person on the phone responded and he didn't seem to be happy by the response.

"So, my feelings matter? You know what you're an hypocrite. All I ever did was care but apparently that wasn't enough" He hanged up on whoever he was talking to.

He ran his hand through his hair and he looked like he was about to cry. I've never seen him so distraught but then again I don't really know him.

I was about to walk away when he spotted me "How much did you hear?" He asked, "Not much, only the last few lines" I said feeling embarrassed.

"It's okay, do you need anything?" He asked with a smile but I could see all the pain he was trying to hide."Yes actually I need a ride" I said and he raised his eyebrows.

✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓

"I can't believe he allowed you" Aiden said probably just as confused as I am. We have been in the car for an hour and I have absolutely no idea where we are.

"I was also surprised" I said but I got distracted as I noticed a candy store. It looked so damn inviting, "You want me to park don't you?" He asked amused.

I gave him a sheepish smile and he laughed before parking in front of the store.

I smiled and entered the store, I was amazed at how many candies were here that I haven't tried.

After buying enough candy to for a few weeks I payed the cashier. I was about to leave when I bumped into someone.

I looked up to see a man, he seemed to be in his mid- forties. He was very handsome with his incredibly sharp cheekbones and his heart shaped faced.

He looked like he was once a model in his early years. His eyes were a beautiful grey shade with specks of green.

"I'm really sorry" I said and he smiled, "It's okay" he looked really familiar like and I strained my memory to remember him but I couldn't.

"Do I know you?" I asked him politely and he studied me "I don't think so, young lady" he said with a deep voice. He had an accent but I couldn't figure out what it was.

"Oh, I'm Zya by the way" I introduced myself bringing out my hand for him to shake, "Alexander" he said shaking my hand.

I'm so so sorry for the late update but my school resumed😓.

I hope the lengthy chapter makes up for it.

So, a new character. What do you guys think about Alexander?

Thank you so muchX_always_dreaming_x for the banner.

Now for today's shout-outs jamzyrosey and Gryffinclaw_934. Thank you for making my day with your wonderful comments.

Also check out jamzyrosey's book Just The One For Me. It's amazing

More shout-outs coming soon.

"If no one told you they appreciated you today remember I do".