Chapter Eighteen

Nico's P

Nico's P.O.V

He smiled as he stared at the field, its lush green grass, the beautiful hues of brown and yellow leaves on the tree in front of him, the red mushrooms sprouting from the ground. To complete the breathtaking scenery was to be the most magnificent sunset he had ever seen.

The nature singing a lullaby, slowly luring him to sleep, so he laid down and let the beautiful memories of the past come alive in his mind.

Flashback

He watched as the little girl jumped around causing the beads attached to her silky black locks to bounce alongside her. Her beautiful green eyes sparkling with the glow of a child.

A glow that drew her to him.

She was chasing a butterfly around the garden not heeding her parents warning to slow down.

Soon enough, she tripped and fell. She wept bitterly and neither her mother's gentle caress nor her father's loving words could stop her tears.

Her tears caused a painful pang in his chest. An angel like her shouldn't be hurt.

One moment he was watching the little girl, the next he was beside her. She hadn't noticed him as she was still crying silently so he tapped her shoulder.

She looked at him with big teary eyes and his heart started beating faster. He felt like he was under a spell, a beautiful enchantment.

Oh, how he yearned to pull her close but instead he gave her a pretty rose.

She collected it and soon busied herself with it. He smiled and focused his blue orbs at the childish pout on her lips when the petals finished.

As he turned to get her more roses he spotted her father staring at him with a proud smile but his main priority was to get his little beauty roses.

He fetched her some more roses and she beamed immediately she saw them. She stretched out her little fingers to collect the roses.

When he refused to give her she jutted out her bottom lip and it started trembling. That was enough to break his resolve. He gave her the flowers and a wide smile rose upon her soft looking pink lips.

He stared at her mesmerized at how someone so little could fill up a huge space in his heart.

And from the onwards, he promised to always protect and love her.

Present

He was revelling in this beautiful memory when it was ruined by the sound of his phone ringing.

He frowned unhappy about the interruption and checked the phone's screen which flashed with George's name.

"What is it George" he demanded as soon as he picked the call.

"Sir, I found some things and I think you would love to know about them" George said his Irish accent becoming slightly deeper indicating that it was something he wouldn't like. At all.

"Is it of upmost importance" he asked wanting nothing more than to go back to his daydreams.

"It's about Zya sir" George said and that was enough to snap him into commando mode.

I'm on my way" he said and cut the call without waiting for a reply.

All he could think about as he sped down the road was what had Zya done again.

Zya's P.O.V

"Are you okay? You keep zoning out" Emma asked casting her a worried glance.

"I'm fine" she replied with a smile hoping she looked convincing enough. Emma looked at her suspiciously but she didn't say anything.

She had that same look when Zya explained where she had been. Emma didn't believe her but neither did she question her.

Leo told them about the accident but left out the part about someone trying to kill her - Thank God.

Although, Emma didn't question her she felt guilty for lying to her friends and she didn't know how to explain why she lied as she didn't know the answer herself.

While, she was dying of guilt because she lied to her friends that wasn't the only thing bothering her.

She had a gut feeling that somethings were about to change whether good or bad, that she didn't know but she knew it had something to do with that strangely familiar man Alexander.

What do you guys think George found?

What changes are going to happen and what will it mean for Zya?

Comment your thoughts

Thank you so much The_Book_Smuggler07 for the amazing banner.

This chapter is dedicated to Goldengrac1 and Esiito for all the wonderful votes.

This chapter wouldn't have been possible if not for jamzyrosey. Thank you so much.

Hope you all enjoy this chapter.

"If no one told you they appreciated you today remember I do".