No end in sight

Where and When can I get a Marriage Licence?

They are available from the City Clerk's Office, 4310 Queen St., Niagara Falls, Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS.

How long does it take to obtain a Marriage Licence?

Provided ALL requirements are met, a marriage licence can be issued in less than 30 minutes and used immediately or up to 90 days later, anywhere in the Province of Ontario.

What is the cost of a Marriage Licence?

The fee for a Licence is $100.00, Canadian funds. (Cash or Canadian Debit ONLY).

What Identification is Required?

We require identification for BOTH APPLICANTS in the form of:

A current passport (which includes a photo)

OR

an original birth certificate

PLUS

one piece of government-issued photo identification, i.e. driver's licence, permanent resident card, Ontario Health Card (with photo), Canadian Citizenship card

This is required for both applicants.

Do both applicants have to be present to obtain a Marriage Licence?

No. However, a Marriage Licence can only be issued to the Applicant and/or Joint Applicant with both of the Applicants signatures on the application and both applicants applicable identification must be presented even if only one applicant is present.

Can same-sex couples obtain a Marriage Licence?

Yes. All information pertaining to marriage licence information on this site also applies to same-sex marriages in Ontario.

How old must I be to get a Marriage Licence?

Applicants must be 18 years of age or over to obtain a Licence. Applicants who are 16 or 17 years of age must have both parents' consent (or parent with custody of minor). No person under the age of 16 years may be married.

Is a Blood Test Required?

Blood Tests or Medical Certificates are not required in Ontario.

Residency

There are no residency or citizenship requirements.

Can I pick up a Marriage Licence for someone else?

No. A Marriage Licence can only be issued to the Applicant and/or Joint Applicant with both of the Applicants signature on the application and both applicants applicable identification.

How was Emily going to do this? She needed to. She had to find a way that it could happen. She just needed it to happen. She just couldn't calm herself down. She kept scratching her arms. She was even bleeding.

She hadn't meant for it to happen.

Maybe it was because Rosco was dragging his feet on this one. He needed to be there for her, and He wasn't. And she hated that he wasn't. And possibly she hated him more because of it.

He hadn't called in the last few hours. They were suppose to keep in contact. What was he doing?

She then remembered being in Gordy's basement, alone. Thinking where the spaces would go. Where could the livingroom flow into the dining room. Maybe a curtain could be rigged up over the bedroom door. It was so fascinating when she thought about it then. And yet it all faded away as soon as she saw Gordy and Serena coming down the basement stairs.

"What are you doing here?" Gordy had asked.

"Well, what are you doing here?" It didn't help any, to see that handicap girl with him. Emily hated her.

So she told Gordy she was moving in. It was his mother's idea. Which it wasn't, but maybe she believed it now. Then she'd left. Went back to her room and kept surfing for answers about getting married in Canada. Why did everyone make it so damn impossible?

She scratched more. Really, the blood didn't bother her much, anymore.

Finally, she went to the medicine cabinet. All she could find was the Benadryl . Maybe a few would do. She needed something. Anything.

She knew Rosco wasn't coming. He wasn't. She poured a handful of pink pills in her hand, took one last look at them, then she swallowed and went for her can of red bull, but it was empty. So she had to down it all with some water from the bathroom sink.