Nights

Josh just stands there in the dark. "Is he back for me?" I whisper. "I thought they killed him." Carl says looking devistated. I turn to him looking into his eyes. They look pitch black because of the night. "And so you thought. Since when are they going to kill someone because they beat me. They don't like me. For all they care they just didnt want him to harm anyone else so they let him go." I say quietly.

I notice Josh head towards the gates killing all the walkers that got in his way. How can he survive this long? There are so many walkers out there.

I'm not going to try to get help. If I do Josh will see me. We have guns up here but that will get all the walkers attention.

"Are we going to be safe?" I ask Carl. "Of course we are. My dad always comes out to check on who is keeping watch. It should be in a few minutes. He will notice Josh at the gates.... I hope."

*1 hour later*

Rick still hasn't came out. I don't know what to do. Just keep quiet? "Carl you said it would be a few minutes."

"I don't know why he hasn't came out." Carl whispers.

I look up and my eyes at the gates. Josh is gone. I notice Carl looking at me then gets up to look too. "He's gone." Carl whispers.

Maybe he went back into the woods. But knowing Josh, he's going to come back.