5

Six months later

"Paging Dr. L/n. Report to my office immediately."

Y/n rolled her eyes as she took a sip from her café mocha and closed the blue folder she was examining. She have barely just gotten a break after working on two surgeries for past six hours and now Saeko wanted to see her. Sometimes she just wanted to take a day or three off and go to a vacation on island. Hawaii perhaps. She got up from her leather chair and closed the door behind her as she took the lift to her senior's floor.

Her heels clicked on the marble floor as she walked towards the office of her mentor/head doctor with quicksteps. Y/n knocked on the glass doors lightly before getting in. The blonde lady was drinking her red wine. When it came to Saeko it was never too late to grab a drink or two. Y/n gave a small smile as she sat in front of her superior. Saeko finally placed her glass down as she turned her eyes to the young woman.

"Aa Y/n. Just in time. Good, now listen. You have to attend this gala ceremony held in Tokyo this weekend as a representative of our hospital. You see, I could have gone but.."

"You have got more important thing to do like I don't know go to a vacation in Maldives?"

Y/n finished for her with a hint of sarcasm as Saeko coughed slightly and gave a sheepish smile before averting back to her authorative self. She propped herself on her elbows and leaned forward on the oak desk.

"Alright, that was one time young lady and I already apologized for it. Anyways Y/n this won't be a boring conference like last one. It's a grand feast infact. And you will be happy to hear that some of the prominent companies of Japan are making donations for the hospital. You will get to dress up nicely and who knows maybe you will meet the man of your dreams there."

She joked as Y/n sighed and nodded before taking the invitation card from her. She didn't have choice in this matter anyways. With a small nod she got up from her chair and headed outside.

"Oh and Y/n..."

She turned her head interrogatively at the Senju lady as she gave a cheeky smile to her.

"Try not to get caught in any storm this time."

She slammed the door behind her just as Saeko gave a light chuckle and proceeded to finish off the rest of her drink.

"Don't worry my dear girlfriend. Yachi is here to the rescue."

Y/n cocked an eyebrow as her best friend did a small twirl before going through the dozen of clothes in her wardrobe. Y/n stared into distance as she faintly heard her blonde friend deciding what colour could be perfect for such an event and what sandals will go with them. The pinkette was too preoccupied with her thoughts to bother with the choice of her cloth. She was going to the Tokyo. The city where he lives. Businessmen were coming. There was a high chance that he would attend the event too. What if she bumped into him? Will he recognise her? Of course. How many women have pink hair anyways? Will he be angry? Or will he be a plain jerk and ignore her existence all together? She preferred the latter though.

"Are you even listening to me?"

"Huh..."

She looked up to see an agitated Yachi as she held two gowns in her hand and walked towards her.

"Sorry I spaced out."

"Clearly."

She bit back and brought the dresses in front before placing each one of them over her petite figure.