iv - Friend Quest

-- Nate --

Next Day...

After I hop out of bed, I went straight to Jessica's house and made a huge whack on her door. Soon, she threw open the door and saw her grimaced and she looks like I've woken her by my great-grand-warm-knock-on-the-door.

"What do you want, assh*le?"

Jessica in her typical style, hoodie, grey sweaters, jeans, boots, and that long wavy red hair.

"Oh please, Jessica. Cheer up! I have something to tell you and it's just around my pockets!"

"Did I mention that you should not call me Jessica? And what's this something you're dying to tell me that's been around your empty pockets?" she teased,

"Well, it's about Diana, Jessica! And the Nether, and this weirdo-cyan-guy thing!"

"One more 'Jessica' and my fist will be landing on your face pighead! And what about 'Diana'? I thought you 'don't' care anything about her!" she replied, and when she said my ex's name, her voice changed and it was something odd that I can't explain.

"Alright, just calm down..." I said, rather quickly. "Well, can we have some warm tea before we can talk things out?"

She rolled her eyes and finally opening her door widely and it sink in my mind that she's letting me in of her little house. I then followed her to the kitchen, sitting on a slab-like couch and soon, she offered me a bucket of milk.

"Did I... ask for milk?" I asked looking at that bucket on my face,

"Huh, I would be rather happy if Notch existed that in this dimension. This ain't sci-fi movie so don't expect anything such like that in this world, hmm?" she replied, putting the bucket on my lap hardly.

What's wrong with her? Well, she's always like that every time that I'll have a talk with her...

I followed her paces until she disappears around the corners of her kitchen. Then, I looked at the milk and realised that this milk is all fresh from her cow in the backyard. Well, I drunk it anyway... and burping after.

Until, I smell something… mmm, is that… a stew?

A rabbit stew?

Ugh, the aroma makes me fall asleep, that’s how I like it. Okay, okay, let’s say, yeah, it’s my favourite!

Jessica went back with two rabbit stew on both hands. She offered me one as she sat beside me.

“This is your favourite, right?”

My eyes looked at her, surprised. How does she know about that? I have never ever told a soul, even my own ex-girlfriend…

“Yeah… yeah, it is…” I replied, mumbling, taking the other stew from her and keeping the bucket in my inventory.

She smiled at me, admiring my act of sipping a bit of her stew.

Typical taste… This is why everyone wanted to be a chef here, but in Notch’s law… only the food he existed in this world is the ones we’re eating.

“So… what now?”

I looked at her, blanked-face, “Oh, um, yeah, I almost forgot almost that, uh wait…”

With that, she took the stew from me as I took something out of my pocket.

Do you remember the portrait I took from the Bastion? I didn’t realise that I brought it home… and I almost thought that it was just a heck dream.

I showed her the portrait of the teenage boy who killed his prisoner for just a freaking flint and steel, and of course with those blank and evil eyes.