3;Gwen

I walked through an orchard of peach trees. It was winter. All the brown leaves had fallen to the ground, and my feet crunched on top of brown leaves.As I walked I could see my breath cold, and wispy, but it didn't stay long. The air was so thin, that I had to take a long deep breaths.

"Huh"

I gazed down at my mittens. One of them had a hole in it, about the size of a dime.

I let out a loud sigh, and looked up at the trees. To my surprise,the tree to my left still had one lone peach, clinging on. One lone peach.

One lone girl.

I smiled at that.

A loud clang, shook me from my sleep.
There were no more brown leaves, no more peaches, and no more smiles.
Sierra was standing at the door,her long narrow teeth, looking savage as ever.

" Time for pain"

I stared at her, more fear in my eyes, then ever before.

"Get up."

I obeyed, only turning back momentarily to look at the wall.

Blank.

Sierra practically pulled my arm from its socket and dragged me out of the tiny cell. She shut the door, & pinned me against the warm grating metal.

" Today's your unlucky day, we're putting you in with a dangerous one"

I winced.

She unpinned me, but didn't let her grip go.We walked silently.Finally, we reached a bedroom door,& Sierra turned the nob.

Empty. Nothing but a twin bed. It was dark. One window, but it was border up.

I sighed.

"Get your rest, while you can."

I nodded, slumping over to the bed.
She must have felt somewhat bad, because she gave me a apologetic look, before shutting the door.

I stared at the door for a bit, before noticing the note on the beside the door.

I shuffled over to pick it up. I turned it over.

ί'ʍ ςσɾɾψ

There was a small piece of cloth attached by tape, about the size of small oak leaf.

Slowly, I peeled the cloth from the note, & put it up to my face. It was rugged, not quite tough, just perfect.
I sighed, stared at the cloth in my dirty hands.
I just adored the color.

Royal Blue.

Sierra was sorry, I knew it, even if she really hadn't said it was from her, I knew it was.

I forgave her.

I sprawled out on the bed, & began to dream of the lone peach & the smiling girl again.

" He's awoken," I heard, but I drifted off again.

Later stirring, cold in the air. I buried my head in the comforter. Two frozen hands crept up on my shoulders. He was here.