Chapter 41

Alexandra's POV

"Laura? What are you doing here?" She was the maid that worked at the castle. She helped me during my wedding day.

"His highness king Brandon requested my presence here. Something about a dinner in an hour." She smiled sheepishly.

"Thank you Laura." I smiled warmly at her.

"Let me help you with the hair and make up. Your dress has already been picked by his highness." She looked at a bad behind her.

"Okay. I'll take a quick shower and come back."

I still couldn't walk properly. Thank you very much husband. I rolled my eyes. I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked happy. My eyes were shining and my jaw hurts because I was smiling too much. My skin looked flawless.

I got into the shower after I took off my clothes and let the cold water massage my sculpt. I recall all the events that had happened in the past 5 months of my life.

Everything changed. From me being the duke's daughter living in Graceland and waiting for Johnny to show me some affection, to being the wife of the almighty king. A queen. I never imagined I would become the queen of Emerland, the most powerful kingdom.

In one week it will be Brandon's birthday. I'm planning something for him. He'll become 20 years old and I can't wait. We were young but it was common to be married at such age. Women tend to marry at the age of 16. Some married for love others for family prestige. I hated it.

Imagine my dad making me marry someone just because he wants more power. Or vice versa. A man who wants to marry me for power. I would kick their arse. But dad loved us to death. I missed him and mom. And my annoying siblings.

Speak of which I'm afraid Bella is heartbroken because I married her groom. Oops.

I realized I took more time than I should in the shower so I quickly got out. I brushed my teeth and walked out in my underwear. Laura was bot in the room so I walked into the closet to see my dress.

 Laura was bot in the room so I walked into the closet to see my dress

It was a gorgeous pink gown. With a mask with it. I admired the dress. But I loved it because Brandon chose it for me. I took it fast and wore it. I twirled in front of the mirror and squealed.

Laura was watching me with an amused face waiting patiently for me. When I saw her I stopped abruptly.

"Sorry your highness but we must get your hair and make up done."

I nodded and followed her. She was really good at her job. Which isn't really her job but whatever.

1 hour later I was ready. I was 10 minutes late but whatever I'm the queen. I can be late as much as I want. I studied myself in the mirror and was satisfied with my look. I had a smoky eye with light pink eyeshadow. My cheeks were ready naturally. I put mascara and pink lipstick.

I look good actually.

"Thank you so much Laura." I said hugging her.

"You're welcome your highness." A knock was heard on the door and Laura opened the door to see the maid from the morning. I have yet to know her name.

"Your highness." She bowed.

"Yes..?"

"Helene." She said smiling. I smiled back.

"His highness is waiting for you." I nodded and followed her.

He was looking devilishly handsome. As always. Our eyes locked and he smirked. He extended his hand and I put my hand in his.

"Shall we?"

"We shall." I said and smiled at him. He took me out and we walked for a bit.

"You know." I was full wars to him. "I always dreamt to walk here with my wife. But a 2 years ago I lost that hope. But here I am walking with my queen." He looked at me with adoration.

"Well Mr Chaucer you're a lucky man." I teased.

"I know Mrs Chaucer." He pulled me to his chest and we laughed together.

We walked for 5 more minutes until we stopped in front of a large table full of flowers. 2 plates were set on the table.

"Sit down love." He said grabbing the chair for me to sit.

"You do know how to be a gentleman." I smirked.

"I try my best." He shrugged. He sat down with me.

"How's your back?"

"It's fine. The pain is barely there."

"You know if something happened to you I would've collapsed."

"I'm here. Don't think about it B!"

"B?" He looked amused.

"Well your name is so long. What will I call you? Bran?" I rolled my eyes.

"Brandon is good." He shit back.

"Nah. B is good." I chuckled.

"I hate it." He grumbled.

"Good then I love it." I smirked.

"Helene bring the food." Brandon shouted.

Helene approached us with the food. It consists of mashed potatoes, steak, seafood, salad. I was hungry so I started eating instantly.

"Slow down love." Brandon chuckled. Helene's eyes bulged. Not every day you hear Brandon laughing. I know sis I know.

"I'm hungry." I shrugged.

"Hmm I can satisfy your hunger." He smirked.

"B stop it."

"Don't call me B!"

"What if I did?" I knew I was pushing his buttons. But who cares. Not me.

We finished eating and he stood up suddenly. He came and took my hand. He guided me to the beach. There was a heart shaped by flowers. With lots of candles. I gasped and turned around to see Brandon on one knee. My heart stopped right there.

"Brandon! What are you doing?"

"When I asked you to be my fiancée I didn't do it properly. Let me do it right this time. Back then I just wanted power. I wanted to become king. But with time passing by you were growing on me. I didn't know I had it in me to love again and get married. Now I have power and I'm the king. But if I was to choose between you and power. I'll choose you over and over again. You're my life now. You're the most precious thing in my life and I'm so damn afraid to lose you. Mrs Chaucer if we get back in time would you marry me?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote and comment.
❤️❤️