44 - Bad boys bring heaven to you

Alexis' p.o.v

Aiden dropped me off at my house after everything.

I had fun with Aiden but I still had to talk to Dante about my past.

It was already night time by exactly 9:20PM and I drove to Dante's crib to meet him.

When I got there, there was a face recognition scanner at the gate I didn't think my face would be a code but I tried it and it actually worked.

I didn't know if that was supposed to be creepy or sweet.

I knew that it was stupid to try to talk to Dante at this time of the night but I had to get this over with.

I went in but I didn't see anyone. My guess was that he wasn't at home but I didn't want to jinx it so I kept looking for him everywhere.

I even checked the Red Room but he wasn't there either. For some reason I started getting worried that something had happened to him but that was absurd.

Why would anything happen to Dante?

There was one place I didn't look though, because he hadn't taken me there the last time I was here.

It was the last floor of the house. I made my way up and I saw a door. I opened it to see a garden.

A glass cove covered the garden like a snow globe. Night light from the moon and the stars shone brightly towards every flower.

Then I saw him. He held the bottom of the white Lotus flower in between his ring finger and his middle finger.

He had this tender touch towords the flower. He looked at the flower softly like he was looking into someone's soul.

He hadn't noticed me yet and I kept staring at him. He brought his nose closer to it while closing his eyes.

I hadn't realized that I had been holding my breath. The moment I released it, he opened his eyes and looked at me.

"Hey......"

"What are you doing here?" He asked, letting go of the flower.

"I'm sorry I came here this late I just-"

I wanted to continue but he started walking away.

"Is something wrong?" I asked. Maybe I shouldn't have come.

He went towards a bench near the flowers to sit.

"No. Nothing's wrong." He said looking on another direction.

I went to him and sat beside him. Before I could say anything I heard him.

"I'm sorry for hurting you." He said looking at me.

"I shouldn't have ever forced you to stay in Martell. Please forgive me."

He just apologized?

Is that what he was worried about? No that couldn't be it.

"I know. It's okay, I'm over it. So what exactly is wrong Dante?" I asked.

"Like I said. Nothing is wrong."