prologue

Everyone is enjoying their foods, the photos are all in place, and all of them seems like they're enjoying themselves. Everything's going great so far, Iris thought.

"Hey there, event planner. Great event you've got here." Brooklyn said as she gave Iris a glass full with champagne.

Iris chuckled. "Thanks, Brook."

"Cmon, let's go to our table." Brooklyn pulled her hand. She looked at all the photos hanging on the wall again, before following her.

"Hey Ris!" Lucy waved before drinking her glass of wine. Iris waved back at her before sitting on one of the remaining chairs.

Iris drank her champagne as she looked at the people staring at all of the photographs on the wall. For once, Iris felt really proud of her event.

Her proud moment was interrupted when she suddenly felt someone tapping her shoulder. Iris turned around and saw someone she clearly wasn't expecting to come to her event, at all.

"Alex! W-what are you doing here?" Iris nervously got up from her chair and shook her head at Brooklyn who was looking at her weirdly.

"I came here to see your event! That's not a problem is it?" Alex grinned.

That's definitely a problem, since you're my ex, Iris thought.

Iris chuckled, nervously. "Uh, y-yeah! It's definitely not a problem."

"And I have to talk to you about something."

"Okay?"

"I've found somebody else." Alex beamed.

Iris swore if she was drinking her champagne, she would probably choke already. "W-what? You what?"

Alex chuckled. "I've found somebody else, Iris. And we're engaged!"

Apparently, Alex said that last sentence too loud, making everyone in the room turned to look at both of them. "You're engaged?!" Brooklyn yelled.

"She's engaged, people!" Lucy yelled as stood up from her chair and waved her arms around the air. Everyone that attended

I widened my eyes and looked at Alex, who just shrugged and waved goodbye at me before going to god knows where. "Holy shit Iris! Why didn't you tell me you were engaged?" Aaron questioned her.

"No, it's-"

"Who's the guy? He looks, so cute." Lucy gushed as she grinned widely at Iris, who was still trying to make this situation right again.

"He's not-"

"Congratulations Iris." Arlene, her boss suddenly approached and smiled politely.

"No Arlene, I-"

"When is the wedding?" Brooklyn asked as she held Iris' hand.

"There is no wedding!" Iris finally exclaimed, lifting her hands up in frustration, making the fabric of her dress torn. Everyone in the room gasped as they looked at her dress.

"Fuck, I knew this dress was too tight on me."

-

new story !! god, i'm so excited for this one it's not real

and dedicated to ruinedmuke because she made the cover and she's the wce

- lola