CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER 2
There are 9 crewmates remaining.
Antfrost.

THE sun hadn't even risen when Antfrost was jostled from his otherwise seemingly peaceful sleep.

A piercing cry rang in his ears, and he stumbled to his feet, disorientated. He couldn't recognize his surroundings.

Oh right, Among Us, but in real life.

On the back of the door was his white jacket, and the note that had been inside of it was now on his bed stand. "Treasure this jacket like your life."

If that meant what he thought it meant, he wanted to hold it tight. He slipped it off the hook and over his shoulders, before glancing out of his door.

Behind his room was Bad's, and they shared a brief gaze before turning towards the commotion. He noticed the others were flooded around the middle rooms. He hadn't been naive enough to ignore the look of distrust in Bad's eyes, and he came to the chilling conclusion, you couldn't trust anyone.

Together, he and Bad joined the crowd and peered in the open door, where George was on his knees besides the bed with his hands cradling his face. Antfrost craned his neck to see the bed, where a single jacket lay folded.

"George? George, what happened?" Dream demanded, as he pushed through the door and sat down besides the brit. The concern was evident in his voice, and Antfrost referenced their impossibly close friendship.

The brunette turned, and Antfrost could see the shock on his face as he registered the boy beside him. "Dream? Wait, but if you're alive..." he choked out, although relief was evident in his posture.

Antfrost looked the jacket once more just as Dream breathed, "Eret."

The crowd fell into uncomfortable silence, the only sounds being Tubbo's newfound sobs and George's sniffles as he tried to pull himself together.

Oh. Antfrost realized, looking between the lime jacket Dream wore, and the yellow one on the bed. George was colorblind, and probably had mixed up the colors, and thought Dream was the one that died.

Well, Antfrost assumed that was what happened. Eret wasn't among them anymore, and a parchment scrap perched atop the yellow jacket. Dream reached to grab it, and read out its contents.

"He's out."

Antfrost cringed. So Eret was dead, or at least out. Another chilling sensation gathered at the base of his neck as he looked at his companions. One of them had done it.

They were all youtubers, so of course you get to the point where basic acting is natural. Anyone could be faking sympathy, and Antfrost wasn't observant enough to see who it might be.

"To the dining hall," Dream pressured, helping George to his feet. Sapnap entered the room and moved to George's side as the blond left to lead the group. Sapnap looked at his friend with concern, saying something low that Antfrost couldn't hear.

The cat-lover moved to comfort George as well, but the crew had already started following Dream down the stairs to the main lobby.

Antfrost paused abruptly, causing Bad to nearly take a tumble down the stairs. "Wait. Dream? How did you know there was a dining room?"

Dream swallowed from his spot as everyone joined him once more. "I looked around a bit last night."

Punz scoffed from where he stood, looking around to make sure everyone had heard that. He voiced what everyone was thinking. "Oddly suspicious."

Dream didn't offer another word, and filed off towards one of the hallways. As expected, a grand dining room with twelve chairs circled a mahogany table, complete with gold carvings and marbled legs. It was hideously screaming rich.

They each took a seat, and Antfrost was reminded dully of how similar to the game this was. A meeting had been called because a crewmate discovered a body.

"Alright." Punz took the spotlight, despite Dream sitting at the head of the table. "One by one, everyone needs to explain what they did last night."

Everyone nodded in agreement, and looked to the person at Punz's right, Skeppy, expectantly.

"After I got into my room I went straight to bed, although it wasn't the best night's sleep." He explained, tapping his fingers on the table.

Bad nodded. "Same. I went to bed."

Fundy, Tubbo, and Sapnap told the same story, that they too had slept the night away and hadn't woken up until George's scream.

Everyone turned their threatening gaze to Antfrost, and he swallowed his nerves. No doubt were they analyzing his every move, for the chance he was the impostor. "I got into my room, and went to bed."

"I heard a door open, it had to have been pretty early," Bad supplemented, looking to Antfrost accusingly.

"I was asleep until George woke us up. That was the first time I left the room." Antfrost defended, but he felt his nerves spike. He always was a bad liar, and maybe Bad knew that as his friend, because his features softened and the blame left his eyes.

If you were asleep, how did you hear a door open? He wanted to challenge, but he couldn't find his voice.

George went next. "I didn't sleep very well last night." His voice was finally returned to normal, his accent not choked with tears. "But I woke up early and I wanted to check on Dream, but I guess I went into the wrong room because," he pointed to his eyes. "Yellow and green are the same."

"Aww, you were concerned for my safety?" Dream leaned his elbows on the table, his cheeks raised in a large grin.

"Well, yea," George stuttered. "But you and Punz are clearly going to be targets."

The group muttered among themselves. Antfrost felt suspicion claw at his body. George had been the one to find the body- what if his acting was just superb?

"And why is that?" The cyan crewmate asked slowly.

"When we would play on stream, you and Dream were always the best at finding the impostor. If you were out of the game, there's a better chance they would win."

Sapnap huffed. "I'm just as good as Dream, thank you."

"Yea right," George shot back at him.

"Enough." Punz looked to Dream. "And you were exploring the mansion? When was this?"

"It had to have been shortly after everyone went to bed. I thought I would explore the mansion so we could get a head start tomorrow."

Punz dipped his head. "Alright."

"And you? What were you doing last night?" It wasn't at all a hard question, nor meant to snap at Punz, and the group were thankful. A battle for leadership was the last thing they needed.

"Like the others, I went to bed and didn't wake up until the body was found."

"If only the body was there," Fundy sighed wistfully. "We could see how old the body is."

Everyone cringed. "What the fuck?"

"I mean, we would have a timeframe for when he was killed."

"We don't even know if he's dead, Fundy." Dream spoke sternly. "And a body wouldn't have helped. He was clearly killed some time between when we went to bed and when George found the jacket. Whoever the impostor is, wouldn't have said 'oh, I was walking around all night for no reason.'"

Antfrost rolled his eyes. Didn't you say exactly that? He bit back the remark on his tongue. "So the jackets are our lives? If we get killed, the jacket and a note are dropped."

"Precisely."